Thursday, August 08, 2013

R6, P2, VLCD 23 - Over Half-Way There!

I'm really getting excited about nearly being done. My outlook is so much better this time around.

Doesn't this look divine?
I've taken a totally different approach and I can see that it's truly making a difference. The temptations are still there, but again, my approach is so much clearer. This afternoon, I've spent a good deal of time looking up a variety of low-carb/protein-based foods so that I'll be ready for P3. It's true. I already have an arsenal of goodies but it'll be great to have a larger setup. My ultimate goal is to live primarily on lower carbs (not "no" carbs, which some people do and it's completely unhealthy).

My trip away will be a test in fortitude; I'll limit myself to one carb-laden treat per day. I don't dare do more than that for fear the weight will just fly back on. I'm also hopeful that with all the walking we'll be doing (and swimming) I can maintain well while away.

The day was very productive one. The eldest had cheer practice in a neighboring city and I finally pulled the coach aside to show her my support (there are some bullying mothers around and I wanted her to know that she didn't have to put up with that crap). I then expressed my feelings to the school administration. Not surprisingly, they had issues with this last year (which is why the former cheer captain quit. Yikes!). I will not deal with what I dealt with in dance. She will have a better experience if for no other reason than brutal honest with everyone.

I took the youngest bowling, so she had personal time with mom for two hours. Then, we hand delivered several of the eldest's birthday invitations. She is so excited! We're guessing (hoping) that only 6 of the 20 people she invited will show. Otherwise, I guess I'll be ordering 5 pizzas instead of three.

I had a 1.2lb loss this morning, putting me at 185.6lbs. Here's what I had today:

Lunch
Beef Sirloin - Strips Stir-Fry Style, 3 oz 210 0 10 24 55 0
Tomato - Tomato Slice, 2 slice 20 4 0 0 0 2
Kroger's - Kroger Kosher Dill Baby Pickles, 3 pickle 15 3 0 0 660 0
Apple - Small Red Delicious Apple, 1 Small 80 20 0 0 0 16
325 27 10 24 715 18
Dinner
Maple Grove Farms of Vermont - Fat Free Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing, 4 tablespoons 70 16 0 0 400 16
Lettuce - Green leaf, raw, 1 leaf inner 1 0 0 0 1 0
Generic - Orange Roughy Fish, 3 oz. 60 0 1 12 53 0
Private Selection - Colombian decaffeinated coffee, 1 tablespoon 0 0 0 0 0 0
Cream - Half and half, 1 tbsp 20 1 2 0 6 0
Grapefruit - Half Grapefruit, 1/2 grapefruit 60 16 0 1 0 10
211 33 3 13 460 26



0 comments: