Sunday, June 20, 2010

R2, P2, VLCD 26 - He Likes Big Butts and He Cannot Lie

I had a scooter (shorts that appear to be a skirt from the front and the back) on from college this afternoon (yep; I still have a few clothing items from college). Hubby was like, "You know, that scooter is cute but it makes your butt look flat." What?! Oh no! I'm losing my butt! He assured me that it will return, once I start working out and toning again. Even still, it depressed me a bit. I never had a huge butt or anything, but it was cute. The cute is now saggy like my arms. Ugh! I seriously can't wait to start doing the Firm again. This is craziness!

We took hubby to the Asian Buffet for Father's day and they have a Mongolian grill. Something for everyone, right? Great! Well, sort of. They don't offer up sauce choices like the other place, they just pour on "whatever" when they're grilling. One of the "whatever" sauces looked suspiciously heavier than soy sauce (something starch laden, I'm afraid). I really, really hope it doesn't dampen my loses for tomorrow too much. Only time will tell. I loaded up on cabbage, cucumbers and onions with trace amounts of chicken. Again, really hoping I didn't sabotage too much. Weekends are always the toughest.

Speaking of the weekend, it was Juneteenth and we participated a bit by going to see my sister perform (she sang old jazz standards; Etta James, Bessie Smith and Billie Holiday). She did a great job and lots of people complimented her after wards. So, aside from lots of entertainment, there was lots of food. I could smell the barbecue, fried catfish, greens, cornbread, hot wings, sweet potato pie permeating the outdoors. It was maddening, but I held strong. I had a .6lb loss this morning and managed to avoid those terribly wonderful smelling temptations.

Here's what I had today:

June 20th, 2010

Calorie goal: 983; calories consumed: 516; calories burned: 0 Net calories: 516 Write in your diary: How do you feel today?
Food Item Servings Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein
bd's Mongolian Barbeque Chicken 3.00 306 10g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g 0g 54g
Grilled Skinless Chicken Breast 0.75 90 1g 53mg 0mg 0g 0g 0g 18g
Hunt's Hunt's Crushed Tomatoes 1.00 30 0g 0mg 350mg 7g 5g 2g 2g
Grapefruit, Half 1.00 26 0g 0mg 0mg 7g 0g 0g 1g
Ezra Brooks Bourbon 1.00 64 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g 0g 0g
Totals: 516 11g 53mg 350mg 14g 5g 2g 75g

I weighed 144.4lbs this morning and today was a skip day, so no HCG injection for me.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Way to go on withstanding those temptations at Juneteenth!

Yep, weekends are always the hardest, still, it's a part of life, always will be, and I think you have a great perspective on that :)

Enchantress said...

Thanks, Susan. My suspicions were correct, however. Starch in the sauce! I had a 1.6lb gain. Ugh! I guess in a couple of days it won't matter and I learned that I can't eat there on P2. Always learning....