Saturday, June 05, 2010

R2, P2, VLCD 10 - Mongolian Salt

I didn't post, yesterday (June 4th) due to wireless router drama. All appears to be well today, well, at least where my Internet is concerned. From June 3rd into June 4th, I weighed .8lbs less at 151.4lbs which was great. Any dreams of achieving the 140s by this weekend went out the door after yesterday's taxing events.

Friday was field day at school so, ever the doting mother, I went over to volunteer and help with the games. It was our first 80 degree day and the field has little shade. I could kick myself for not bringing my water. That and not eating before I went nearly laid me out flat in the grass. It was 11:30 and I thought, "I'll just treat myself and the oldest to lunch after the activities. I'm sure she'll be hungry again."

The sun beat down on us mercilessly. The other mother I was working with, Cory, is a nurse by trade. I didn't want to have to put her skills to use but I did warn her that I was feeling light headed and several times I saw the trees move from one place to another. Yikes! I would sit down and keep helping, but it was a difficult.

Finally, around 1:30pm, we ended the day and I took us to the new Mongolian BBQ place. I knew I could do this type of food because I was able to eat it on our trip south for her dance competition. So long as my vegetables overruled my meat portion, I still had good loses.

Well, this place must ladle on the salt in their sauces because we sat down to eat and I nearly pickled my lips. Oh, don't get me wrong, the food was delicious but wow, the salt! I went through my 24oz cup of water in no time. All the rest of the day, I felt like a Macey's Day float just ready to explode.

Considering how I felt, I passed on my evening meal and opted for lots of tea and water to help alleviate the salt issues. I'm very glad that I did. My gain this morning (purely water, because now I can tell what that feels like over a pure fat gain) was 1.4lbs (which put me at 152.8lbs this morning, June 5th). This could have been much, much worse with the way I was feeling all day, yesterday. I'll have to remember to keep the sauces (at this place) on the light side. The one down south, I could ladle them on with no problem. I'm sure being out in the hot sun for two hours straight probably didn't help either.

So, June 4th, I had Mongolian Salt BBQ and tea. I'll post today's food diary this evening. I'm sure it will look like all the other days, minus the buckets of salt.

1 comments:

Susan said...

That darn salt huh? My one gain during P2 was also salt related, like you, just doing my best while eating away from home. We can only do what we can do. You'll be in the 140s in no time, you're so close!