Sunday, April 04, 2010

38 VLCD - Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! It was a lovely, but chilly day here in Salt Lake. We spent most of the day at church. My girls performed their speeches and received many kudos. At the end of service, someone came up to me and raved about how good I looked (must have been my size 8, yellow dress). She even raved about my sister, who my hubby is training.

When we came home, we watched The Prince of Egypt with the girls and took a nap together on the couch. Cravings began to stir like a wild banshee. I should have taken the L-Glutamine right away, but I waited. We went to Wally world and I thought I was going to die! I wanted everything and thought I might rape the freezer case! This is just how I felt about a month or so ago. Yes! TOM is on the way and set to arrive around the fourteenth (next Wednesday). That is also the time I'm supposed to have my last injection. Once I got home, I gave myself a dose of the gluatamine. Phew! I needed it.

Dr. Simeons says never end your round on TOM. You're supposed to stop three days prior to when your TOM is supposed to show, then do your three VLCDs. So, I will stop next Sunday. I have to say, earlier is appealing but I also don't want to have a disastrous P3, so it's also necessary. The weekend will be very, very difficult. We are going out of town on a long car ride and we're used to stopping for snacks and goodies along the way. Wow! What a way to end.

I hope to move to Round 2 around the beginning of June, but if I do start later, I have to be all done and well into Phase 4 again by September (vacation time). It will be a shorter round then since 135-145 will make me oh, so happy. There's so much to think about and get regulated in my mind first. I hope I'm up to the challenge. Oh, and I had a bit of a gain (.2lbs) this morning. Not sure if it was the missed injection yesterday, my holding onto PMS salt or just not getting enough sleep. I'm hoping for better news on the scale tomorrow.

Here's what I had (Oh! And the second time I've had food take-away since this started):

April 4th, 2010

Calorie goal: 1,039; calories consumed: 291; calories burned: 0 Net calories: 291 Write in your diary: How do you feel today?
Food Item Servings Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein
Burger King Jr. WHOPPER - Low Carb 1.00 140 10g 40mg 140mg 1g 1g 0g 11g
Kroger Kosher Dill Spears 1.00 5 0g 0mg 220mg 1g 0g 0g 0g
Hillshire Farm Deli Select Ultra Thin Roast Beef 1.50 90 5g 38mg 675mg 0g 0g 0g 14g
Hunt's Hunt's Crushed Tomatoes 1.00 30 0g 0mg 350mg 7g 5g 2g 2g
Grapefruit, Half 1.00 26 0g 0mg 0mg 7g 0g 0g 1g
Folgers Classic Decaf Instant Coffee 8 oz 1.00 0 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g 0g 0g
Totals: 291 15g 78mg 1,385mg 16g 6g 2g 27g

I weighed in at 161.4lbs this morning. I did not get in my 80 ounces today...only 64, which isn't good. I'll do better tomorrow.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Easter! Good job dealing with Easter! You're so close to the end of this round, must be exciting!
I don't know if you've heard of Skinny Drops? They're supposed to help the hypothalamus regulate itself during P3. I plan on using them when I get to P3, since I've heard good things about them.
Congrats on the compliments, I'm betting that yellow dress looked fantastic!

Enchantress said...

I've heard of them, but I probably should research and learn more about them. I like the idea of having a safety net for P3. I'm still a little anxious about it.

Thanks so much! As always, I appreciate your kudos and support.