Sunday, March 23, 2014

R7, P3, Day 9 - Another Grumpy Hubby Sunday

It didn't start off that way, at least. We went to church and heard a wonderful message, then home to a brunch that I prepared for eight people (two, low-carb quiches, turkey sausage kielbasa, buttermilk pancakes, pumpkin soup and cinnamon rolls). Everyone raved and I barely ate, which typically is the case when I cook for a larger group of people.

The immediate family then went for a drive where I took pictures of some  deer, a llama and a turkey.  We were driving in hubby's four runner. A lead-foot in any car, he really tends to up the anti in this monster of a vehicle. It scares the crap out of me! I fussed at him a few times for going over the speed limit (25mph in this particular neighborhood of gargantuan homes). After which, he ceased in speaking to me. Fine! I cooked all day with no help from him and he wants to give me attitude?! To make matters worse, we went to the store and I brought up the fact that he didn't purchase a side item for the baked chicken he'd chosen for dinner. We had talked about artichoke/spinach dip yesterday, so I thought, why not get it today?

"There's guacamole at home," he said.

"Oh. Is there enough," I asked.

"There's enough for me."


WTH?! Well that's just great, I said to him out loud. Then, he started back-pedaling and said something about there being salad, too. At that point, I tuned him out and clammed up myself. It's been that way ever since. He's also been taking his anger/frustration out on the girls. It's all I can take at this point. I've since showered and closed the door on everything. I'm actually looking forward to everyone just going to bed and the day ending. So sad, especially since it was so beautiful and it was a day of service. Why does this keep happening?

I suppose the upside is that, whenever I'm depressed, I don't eat. All I had today were the couple of slices of quiche I managed to snag before my relatives at everything. I had a larger than expected gain from yesterday (1.4lbs, taking me to 170.8lbs after a small void). I gather the salt from the chicken wings was the culprit. There's plenty of salt in the quiche I had today, but I'm hopeful my low calorie count will work in my favor. Not something I plan to do often but, there you have it. Here's the scoop:

March 23rd, 2014 
1,082 466 0 466
Food Item Servings Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein
Enchantress's Bacon and Cheddar Quiche 2.00 276 16g 60mg 1,042mg 9g 8g 0g 24g
Jennie-O Turkey Sausage 1.00 90 5g 30mg 550mg 1g 1g 0g 8g
Smirnoff Citrus Vodka 1.00 100 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g 0g 0g
Sprite Sprite Zero 1.00 0 0g 0mg 25mg 0g 0g 0g 0g

Totals
Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein


466 21g 90mg 1,617mg 10g 9g 0g 32g

0 comments: