Thursday, July 01, 2010

R2, P2, VLCD 37 - Low Carb Preview

I had a Carl's Jr. six dollar, low carb hamburger for lunch today. The sandwich typically comes with the beef patty, pickles, onions, ketchup, mustard, mayo, 2 slices of cheese and the lettuce wrap. I asked them to hold the cheese, mayo and ketchup. When I searched on The Daily Plate, I found a version with the cheese removed from the nutritional value but that was all. What you see below is not really reflective of what I had. Unlike Mickey D's, Carl's Jr. doesn't display the nutritional content in a "breakdown" view. It's too bad. More restaurants should, especially for those who have specific, dietary needs.

July 1st, 2010

Calorie goal: 946; calories consumed: 521; calories burned: 0 Net calories: 521
Mood: Tired

I couldn't find a Carl's Jr., low-carb listing that met what I did with my order. I ordered without cheese, mayo, and ketchup. This changes the calorie and sugar count substantially. Wish I knew someone who had the correct information... [edit this diary entry]
Food Item Servings Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein
Carl's Jr. Low Carb Six Dollar Burger - No Cheese 1.00 390 29g 110mg 890mg 4g 2g 2g 27g
Publix Orange Roughy 1.00 76 1g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g 0g 32g
Lettuce, Romaine 1.00 10 0g 0mg 2mg 1g 1g 1g 0g
Napoleon Balsamic Vinegar 1.00 10 0g 0mg 5mg 2g 2g 0g 0g
Wasa Fiber Crispbread 1.00 35 1g 0mg 60mg 8g 0g 3g 1g
Totals: 521 30g 110mg 957mg 15g 5g 6g 60g

Ordering my low carb sandwich made me wax dreams of cheese and ranch goodness, next week. I actually begin P3 on the day we will celebrate Independence day, around here; Monday, July 5th. Nice. What's on the menu?

An assortment of BBQ'd meats (including steak, salmon, hot dogs, and chicken).
Green Salad
Sweet Corn on the cob
Mock Potato Salad
Green Bean Casserole
Apple Crumble (my mother's favorite)
Assorted Fruit

I'll partake of the meats (of course), the salad, the fruit and the mock potato salad (made of cauliflower). I'm anxious to see what stabilization will bring with this new weight. Oh! I had a small loss, but it takes me into another bracket. Sweet! Hello, 130s; I was 139.8lbs this morning. Tomorrow is my last injection.

1 comments:

Susan said...

Wooo hoooo! I thought I heard a yell this morning out Utah way ;-)
Congrats, that's awesome!!!