Wednesday, July 07, 2010

R2, P3 Day 3 - Steak Day!

I wasn't going to but, it just sort of worked out this way. I was so busy with work that I never ate. I literally forgot to eat! I used to say, "It takes a special kind of stupid for you to forget to eat." Oh, well. So, I decided (since I am up two pounds above LIW anyway and despite TOM) I might as well do a steak day. Everything sort of put me in that position (hubby bought fresh sirloin last night and put it in the fridge for me to cook for my meal today). How about that!

After tracking my weight into my online document, I decided to look at last round's P3 to gain a little clarity. Not only did I have to do a steak day two days after P3 started the last time, but I was also in the midst of my TOM. Craziness! Seems I can't win for losing with this water retention game and TOM. ;) So, I also noted the days when the weight was at its most stable. Protein anywhere over 50 grams seems to be best for me. Also, the days where protein was it's heaviest, I usually had a loss or no change the next day. There you have it! It seems I am capable of learning after all. :)

Here's the steak day info:

July 7th, 2010

Calorie goal: 965; calories consumed: 385; calories burned: 0 Net calories: 385 Write in your diary: How do you feel today?
Food Item Servings Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein
Bigelow Green Tea 1.00 0 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g 0g 0g
Sirloin Steak--i.e. Petite Sirloin 1.50 255 9g 113mg 83mg 0g 0g 0g 39g
Granny Smith Apples 1.00 130 0g 0mg 0mg 34g 25g 5g 1g
Folgers Classic Decaf Instant Coffee 8 oz 1.00 0 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g 0g 0g
Totals: 385 9g 113mg 83mg 34g 25g 5g 40g

I was 142.2lbs this morning and feeling extra bloated (2.8lbs above LIW). Here's to hoping that the carnivore cure worked and that TOM bids me adieu tomorrow!

1 comments:

Susan said...

I'm sure you'll see good results from your impromptu steak day!

I too noticed on P3 that the higher the protein and fat, the better my weight stabilized. Of course, P4 is a bit trickier, but as you said on my blog awhile back, it just takes practice :-) Enjoy all those eggs and cheese and bacon, oh my ;-)