Monday, May 03, 2010

P4 Day 2 - Muddled Monday and Protein

I had a 1.4lb gain, but I'm still in range (thank goodness) Lesson learned. I loaded up on protein today and didn't have any extra carbs, save my grapefruit. We are going out for Mediterranean for lunch tomorrow and I would like to try at least a slice of bread or something without everything going to pot. The picture to the left is from the restaurant. Maybe a chicken kabob with Lebanese salad? I'd probably taste the Basmati rice (love it) but not eat the entire serving. We'll see. I may chicken out and only eat just a salad (since we're going out for Cinco De Mayo on Wednesday). Okay, now I'm thinking I'd rather do the chips and salsa/guac thing. How did we end up with two days out in a row?!

Work wise, it was truly a Monday and within one hour, someone scheduled me for two conference calls (and no prep as to what they were about). I hope things turn out better for Tuesday. We have some meetings, but I'd like to be able to feel like I accomplished something by the end of the day.

Finally, I contacted friends back home to check on their safety. It's wild seeing pictures of where you grew up plastered all over the news. The flooding in Nashville is washing away bridges, homes and some schools are even buried. The friends I spoke to, thankfully, are safe and dry. :)

Here's what I had today:

May 3rd, 2010

Calorie goal: 1,106; calories consumed: 1,115; calories burned: 0 Net calories: 1,115 Write in your diary: How do you feel today?
Food Item Servings Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein
3 Scrambled Eggs 0.75 158 10g 0mg 0mg 1g 0g 0g 16g
Bar S Bacon 2.00 160 14g 30mg 560mg 0g 0g 0g 8g
Just Like Loaded Baked Potatoes/cauliflower (low Carb) 1.00 407 36g 78mg 432mg 9g 3g 3g 14g
Low Carb Taco Bake #119732 0.50 235 19g 103mg 251mg 2g 1g 0g 14g
Szechuan Tofu And Vegetables 1.00 130 6g 0mg 1,020mg 11g 4g 2g 11g
Grapefruit, Half 1.00 26 0g 0mg 0mg 7g 0g 0g 1g
Totals: 1,115 85g 211mg 2,263mg 30g 7g 5g 64g

I was 159.6lbs just barely in the safe zone. Hopefully, things will look better at tomorrow's weigh in. I've pretty much determined my TOM-salt craving is rearing it's head (it's due next week, sometime). My appetite is much stronger right now and I'm working very hard to keep it at bay.

2 comments:

Susan said...

You're doing really well!

It's great that you're keeping an eye on your pre-TOM appetite spike. Good strategies for your meals out. You could just decide you'll have carbs once each of those days, and let them be that bread tomorrow and the chips and guac on Wednesday. That might be a way to compromise. Good luck!!

Enchantress said...

I took your advice and had the bread today. I plan on having the chips and guac tomorrow, along with my meal (something protein heavy like fajitas). Thanks for the encouragement and tips, always!