Sunday, May 02, 2010

P4 Day 1 - Taco H%&&

It's my first day of P4 and all I really wanted was my one cookie and glass of wine to try out. Instead, hubby came home from his competition and was zoned in for carbing up. We went to the dreaded Taco bell and, although I chose some of their better items, I had more carbs than I initially planned for. I started to stress and hubby (very wisely) said, "The cortisol you're creating by stressing will do far more damage than the carbs you ate. " Most likely a true statement, but I'm really trying to be good. I guess...honestly, what does that mean anymore any way?

The whole point of P4 is to find out that very answer. I was all ready to work out like a crazy person tomorrow to burn off whatever damage I'd accrued tonight. Hubby again reminded me that I should take baby steps and see what the carbs do in the first place. Well, with the carbs, extra calories and bucket of salt I have a pretty good idea of what they're all going to do and I know how to correct it. I am completely thankful for that knowledge! Working out may come in another week as I go back to my original plan and work in items slowly.

I think I would have been alright had I not had that half bean burrito on top of my chicken tacos, but I was still so hungry. If I'd made them myself (which I will, in the future), they will have far more chicken. The protein for curbing appetite is the key. A good rule of thumb for me in both P2 and P3 was to make things myself. I think the same will be true for P4

I was down .6lbs this morning.

May 2nd, 2010

Calorie goal: 1,095; calories consumed: 1,976; calories burned: 0 Net calories: 1,976 Write in your diary: How do you feel today?
Food Item Servings Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein
ADEL'S RESTAURANT 2 Egg Denver Omelette 1.00 550 45g 0mg 0mg 5g 0g 0g 26g
Bob Evans Pork Sausage Link 1.00 125 11g 21mg 184mg 0g 0g 0g 5g
Folgers Classic Decaf Instant Coffee 8 oz 1.00 0 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g 0g 0g
Half & Half 1.00 40 3g 15mg 30mg 0g 1g 0g 0g
Low Carb Taco Bake #119732 1.00 469 38g 206mg 502mg 3g 2g 0g 29g
Just Like Loaded Baked Potatoes/cauliflower (low Carb) 0.25 102 9g 20mg 108mg 2g 1g 1g 4g
Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies 0.50 80 1g 13mg 40mg 11g 6g 1g 1g
Taco Bell Soft Taco - Chicken 2.00 380 14g 70mg 960mg 40g 2g 4g 26g
Taco Bell Bean Burrito 0.50 165 4g 3mg 600mg 27g 2g 5g 6g
Zinfandel 0.50 65 5g 0mg 0mg 5g 0g 0g 0g
Totals: 1,976 130g 347mg 2,424mg 93g 13g 10g 96g

I was 158.2 pounds this morning. (Oh, and hubby is still trying to talk me off the shelf. I gotta get a grip!)

2 comments:

Susan said...

Deep breaths!!! It (over all) sounds like a good first day on P4. Taco H*&^% and places like that are evil, pure and simple. I don't know how reintegrating that is going to go for me either, even making reasonable choices always amounts in a 2 pound salt gain for me... Two food groups never seem to have non fattening choices - Mexican and Greek - and I love both of them (of course LOL)!
Definitely making those things at home are a better alternative. I found a great sugar free taco seasoning mix recipe, and a great sugar free Ranch dressing recipe if you're interested. I'm thinking I'll keep making stuff like that sugar free well into P4 and beyond.

Enchantress said...

I love Mexican and Greek, too! In fact, I had Greek on my last loading day (will probably use it for loading again in round 2. So salty and wonderful).

My weight, thankfully, was in range and thanks to you and hubby, I didn't completely melt down last night. I love new recipes so, any you have to share are welcome.

Speaking of which, my daughter wanted my loaded cauliflower dish (the last serving) and I had to turn her down. I actually told my 9 year old I'd make her some later this week. How funny!