Saturday, May 01, 2010

P3 Day 21 - Stabilized

My weight, for the last little bit, has stayed within range (in fact, I was .2lbs lower from yesterday). I've eaten lots of fats, protein and very little carbohydrates for the last three weeks. I can't believe how quickly this has gone by! Makes me think that P4 will be a memory very soon and I'll be well into my second round before I know it (a short one, this time).

Observations: If my proteins are nice and high, it really doesn't matter how much fat I get in. I do have to be careful with salt, as was the case with me before the protocol. Salt is not a lady's friend. In fact, the relationship is very much a love/hate affair. I must be ever watchful of my salt intake. I have a feeling the same will be true of sugar, since another observation is the limited carbs I've had. I will keep them fairly low but I do miss some things.

An aside - I wore some jeans the other day with a belt that I couldn't even wear, after Christmas. The belt was on the last notch and was still very loose. I took measurements back in mid April, but has my hubby measure my waist again to see if there were changes. Yes! I started with a 38" waist that dropped to 35" after the injections. It's now at a 33 inches. Hubby said my arms look smaller, but we didn't measure those again. I'm going to have him do more measurements again, when he comes home tomorrow. I'll post all the numbers for May 2nd.

What am I looking forward to? Pancakes. They're my absolute favorite food. I'm a purist so, just butter and syrup, please. The cakes with the syrup are incredibly high in carbs so I've decided, the day I have them, I'll have to counter them with lots and lots of protein.

Dark chocolate. Easter was interesting this year, not delving into my favorites for the holiday. No worries. I scooped up great deals when the candies went on sale. My hubby and I keep and adult stash of chocolate for emergencies. I added those sweet treats to the stash. Thankfully, I'm not as addicted to chocolate as others I know. It's not something I've ever needed to have every day.

The only other thing I'm really missing is my oatmeal. I do so love it for breakfast. I'll have to go slow with it because the instant brands have lots of carbs (I prefer that over the lumpy, slow cook kind). These treats will be nice to add back in but there is a bit of fear (similarly to what I experienced before P3). I'll keep looking back at my posts and daily plate calculations to see how to get things under control if I happen to go a little overboard. Hopefully, all the good lessons I've learned about myself will persevere and I won't go overboard. Wish me luck!

May 1st, 2010

Calorie goal: 1,099; calories consumed: 977; calories burned: 0 Net calories: 977 Write in your diary: How do you feel today?
Food Item Servings Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein
No Dough Meat Crust Pizza (low Carb) 0.50 488 28g 146mg 777mg 3g 1g 0g 50g
Dole Caeser Salad Kit 1.00 160 13g 10mg 290mg 7g 2g 1g 3g
Hormel Turkey Pepperoni 1.00 73 4g 40mg 557mg 0g 0g 0g 9g
Hormel Turkey Pepperoni 0.50 37 2g 20mg 279mg 0g 0g 0g 5g
Mario Sliced Black Olives 1.00 25 3g 0mg 125mg 1g 0g 0g 0g
Swiss Cheese 1.00 100 8g 25mg 60mg 0g 0g 0g 7g
Folgers Classic Decaf Instant Coffee 8 oz 1.00 0 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g 0g 0g
Meadow Gold Half & Half 1.00 35 3g 15mg 15mg 1g 1g 0g 1g
Guacamole 1.00 60 2g 0mg 130mg 6g 0g 0g 1g
Totals: 977 62g 256mg 2,232mg 18g 4g 1g 77g

I was 158.8lbs this morning. To help keep good weight numbers next week while I sneak in more sugar and starch, I'll be incorporating my workouts again. It's time to tighten up!

2 comments:

Susan said...

So how was the pizza?

Congrats on stabilization, you must be so excited about P4. Funny, I too miss dark chocolate and oatmeal, though for me it's the old fashioned oatmeal with some cinnamon, a bit of almond butter and fruit (usually raisins,craisins,frozen strawberries or peaches) that I miss.

Keep in mind that there are correction days for P4 as well (and an ebook you can get with them in it), the hcgdieters group has info on them.

You're going to rock P4 I am sure!!

Enchantress said...

It was so good! I think the calorie and fat content isn't spot-on in my listing because I used leaner beef and turkey pepperoni, but it was still wonderful. My kids loved it, too. My oldest had thirds.She finished it off! :)

I was and totally over did it today. There's always tomorrow to make up the damage. Yes! I know about those files and will be taking a look at them closely. Hubby says no workouts so, I better listen to the trainer as well. He usually knows best about these things.

Thanks for the encouragement. It makes such a difference having people cheer you on. :)