Friday, May 28, 2004

Workin' it Out

Last night was the first day of the new weight training regime and boy did it kick my butt! I'm feeling really fortunate that the soreness hasn't kicked in, but I know it's headed my way (probably tomorrow, which is also weight training day again). Funny how that works out. Today, I remembered the plan, so here it is in detail:

*Stand on resistance band, feet slightly apart, and bicep curl for 1 minute.
*Suck in and do isometric crunches for one minute
*Girl push-ups for 1 minute.
*Isometric crunches for one minute
*Lateral raises (parallel, squeezing at the top) with free weights for 1 minute
*Isometric crunches for one minute (Can do standing oblique twists)
*Do 10 standing leg lifts (ballerina style), 2 sets on each leg.
*Isometric crunches, one minute
*Single arm dumbbell pull-backs, one minute
*Isometric crunches, one minute
*Free bar pull ups, one minute

I was sweating like a damn pig, by the time it was all over. I ended up counting a bit to see how many reps I was doing in the one minute duration. It was like 25 or so for most, but by the time I made it to the free bar pull ups, it was only 15. I was actually a lot stronger than I thought I was. I felt good, but ravenous after my shower. Self control kicked in and I didn't over eat, like I wanted to. Hubby said more protein would curb my appetite, but I didn't even do that.

Well, it's the Friday before a long weekend and I am so thrilled about that. No big plans, just more so thrilled about sleeping in on Monday. Has it come to this? Does this mean I'm old, now? Good Lord! When did that happen?!

I'm feeling a bit psyched again about my goal. It comes in waves: some days, I'm like, "who cares." Other days, it's all about imagining how good I'm going to look in the future. Will this bring me money, fame, stardom? Probably not, but I'm sure looking forward to being a fit person, again. Oh, I added the newest picture to the progress site, if you want to check it out. Not exactly glamorous, but the capri pants are a comfortable size ten. The shirt is a large, but unbeknownst to me, a Junior large (which isn't a ladies large at all), so I kind of look stuffed into the shirt.

Yesterday, when I came home, hubby had purchased a new washer (which we need really badly), a new flat-top, GE stove (which we've wanted for a while) and a dozen, long-stem pink roses for me. He's the best!

0 comments: