Thursday, May 27, 2004

3rd Annual Summer Games

I just received an email from our HR guy. Here is what it said:

3rd Annual Summer Games are Back!!!
June 1- August 31, 2004

The Summer Games are a competition between members and companies. This year we have JP Morgan Chase, , and CompHealth all participating. Employees from the three companies will log their daily workouts and receive points based upon time spent in the gym, attending a summer aerobics class, purchasing supplements, etc.

For Example:

* 1 point for every minute spent workout out: 30 min cario/weights-30 points
* Attending an aerobics class - 60 points
* 5 points for every dollar spent on supplements

Prizes are based on individual and company totals. Each individual's points will be added together for a company total. Each employee of the company with the highest points will receive a prize. Prizes will also be given to the top three individuals in the competition.

Well, the competitive spirit in me just rose about 50 points. I think the people that work there must think I have a shot at something good because the girl at the front desk stopped me about this, even before I saw the email from the HR guy. She said, "Did your HR guy send you an email?" and I was like, "No." Then she said, "Well, we're having these games for the companies that have employees working out here. It would be good for you, since you're here, like everyday." Well, I guess so. Hmmm. Guess I'll be making sure I don't skip any days unless I really, really have to. You know, I wish I knew what the prizes were because I'm not going to bust my ass for a T-shirt, you know? Give me a gift certificate to Nordstroms or something!

Thank goodness it doesn't start until next week because today, I'm having lunch with my girlfriend at one of my favorite Chinese restaurants. Yesterday, I had lunch with hubby at a Korean restaurant (notice a trend here?). He took my picture today so, when I have time, I'll blur out my goofy face and post it within the pictures link (probably tonight or tomorrow).

I forgot the weight training plan again, so, I'll give it to you in a nutshell. Basically, I have to do bicep curls for 1 minute with the resistance bands, then 1 minute of crunches, then 1 minute of girl-pushups, then standing leg lifts, then shoulders, then 1 more minute of abs (it's a cycle that's supposed to take me at most 30 minutes).

It's supposed to be kind of chilly this weekend. Probably a good thing, since I'm not feeling my spring clothes right now (I've got a bloat thing going on, probably from the Korean food, yesterday). It was wonderful, but I'm sure it was salty as hell.

Onward to the summer games!

0 comments: