Thursday, May 13, 2004

In Through the Nose, Out Through the Mouth

I'm feeling total calmness as sit at my computer, listening to the melodic sounds of John Doan's, Eire:Isle of the Saints (Celtic music). It's absolutely beautiful. It's a friend's disc I copied to my media player. Sometimes, it's just the thing I need to really complete my chill-out mode.

I've been thinking about what to do for my hubby's birthday coming up in June. I was going to take the actual birth-day off from work, but it turns out he has work training that day and he can't get out of it. Luckily, he's off the day before so, I'll just take that day off. Anyway, I was thinking a nice breakfast at this out-of-the way dinner up in Emigration Canyon called Ruth's. I've been there once before and it was really good. After wards, we will stroll the grounds of the Red Butte Gardens. Neither he nor I have ever been there, but it's supposed to be beautiful. Then (if it's still in theaters), I'll take him to see Kill Bill Vol.2 or Dawn of the Dead. If neither is out or playing at a decent time, I'll take him to Park City to the outlet stores (my shopaholic hubby should love that). These are just tentative plans, but I think he'll enjoy himself. I always say, "This time, I'll watch my budget and keep it cheap", but I never do. So, I'm not going to bother with pretenses. I'm just going to do whatever the heck comes into my mind and so be it. Budget be damned!

Although I am feeling yoga-calm, I'm still wishing the week would hurry up and end. It has been the longest week in history, for me! It just keeps dragging it's raggedy butt along, with no sign of a "hurry up" in sight!

I came back from the gym about 30 minutes ago and am feeling the effects in my upper thighs like crazy, today. I guess because I sometimes take a day off in the week and this week I didn't so, the body is screaming, "Rest, please." Well, you'll get your rest on Saturday, sort of. I think TOM is really here. It's bright and causing me grief, so this must be it. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm glad it's here.

0 comments: