Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Are You Ready To Rumble?

Hmm. Am I ready for this new "plan" hubby's going to spring on me this afternoon? He says it requires some running. Great. More running. I'm not really a runner, but I admire people that can go the distance. I think runners have amazing stamina and endurance, but I just can't see myself in their league. I'm a mean walker and an even meaner elliptirzier (Look! A new word!), but running is always going to be something that I kind of do.

I'm a little anxious to get started, just because I already know what weight training does to me: I look better, I'm tight all over, my belly doesn't hang over my pants, my arms don't look like bat wings and I'm extra randy (a bonus, I think, for hubby more than for me). I just hope I'm tight enough to wear the outfit I want to wear on his birthday. It's a Wet Seal number (and you know how tight their clothes can be). I tried it on today, so that my mother could measure the hem. She said it was too little, but I persisted that it was an 11 (knowing that I'm in my comfortable 10's). Then, I thought about it. Wet Seal cuts their clothes a bit tight. Also, I'm not sure if this is an 11 adult or an 11 juniors. If it's a junior, then the outfit is more a size 7 or 8 adult (which I'm not quite into yet). So, I said all that to say, if hubby's training attack works, I should be ready in the next couple of weeks. We'll see...

Hubby says I'm not eating enough for my workout. Great. Just what I want to hear. So, I'm thinking, I ate like a cow to look like one, now I've got to eat like a cow not too? Where's the logic, I ask you? I know, I know. With more activity, comes the need for more energy. And where do we get that energy from, boys and girls? You guessed it! Food. Well, he says it's going to be good foods: fruits, veggies and fiber, oh my!

0 comments: