Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Wonderful, Wet, Drippy BBQ - No Guilt

Grilled chicken, turkey, salmon...yum! I tried not to over do it, but sadly, it was not to be. My confession? A fabulously, fat-filled hot dog, on top of the dinner plate I already made for myself, superb deviled eggs, and about 80 oatmeal raisin cookies. Today, it's bloat city but I'm feeling no guilt? Why, because today is a new day. I started off on the right foot (oatmeal and Canadian bacon) and will continue to be on that "good foot" for the duration of the week.

Hubby referred to this month as "goal month". I didn't know it was goal month. Can I really be into the 140's by the end of June? I really don't know. What's up with this goal month? If I had known it was goal month I probably would have done the treadmill thing this morning, regardless of already knowing that I would be at the gym during lunch and it is, after all, weight training day. The funny thing is, I still don't feel bad about it. I should be trembling at tomorrow's weigh day number, but I'm not. I splurged this weekend, had a really good time, and I'm back at the game today (I don't think I would have been so eager to go back to good habits a few months ago. I probably would have just said, "who cares" and then committed myself to eating whatever the hell I wanted.) At any rate, it's all behind me now and it's time to press forward again.

I'm out of L-Carnitine and I'm not sure if I'll buy anymore. It's kind of expensive, so I'll probably wait till pay day to invest again. If next week's weigh day looks a bit off, I may get it sooner. I'm really not sure how much, if at all, the supplement is helping. I'd like to think it was doing a bang-up job of helping me become little, but there's no way to tell (what with all the cardio and calorie cutting I do).

Maybe the "I don't care" syndrome is a result of how sleepy I am today. It was so hard to get up, today. Three-day weekends will do it to me every time. Actually, I have short weeks for the next three weeks: This week, because of Memorial day, next week because I'm taking a day off for hubby's birthday and the third week to see Harry Potter with my daughter and a girl friend (We had thought about going opening day, but decided that we didn't want to get involved with all the freakdom that will be happening that day.) You know, the books were great and the movies have been too, thus far, but I don't revolve my life around Harry Potter. Some people really need to get a life.

(Check out the movie reviews. I saw a lot this weekend.)

0 comments: