Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Happy as a Care Bear

(Who's ever seen a happy clam, I'd like to know? I used something my generation could relate too. You can also substitute Care Bear with Smurf, Snork, My Little Pony, or Looney Tune.)

The doctor's appointment went well, right up until the pap. So, I'm laying there, a la stirrups, and doctor is in the huddle when I suddenly here a "clink. Thud." Oh, crap. What the hell did he drop and is he going to pick it up and use it again? With the drape and all, I couldn't really tell what was going on...hush whispers, the sounds of searching. I just didn't ask. It was over pretty quickly, thank goodness. The great news? The last time I was there (February for strep throat), I weighed 185. The good doctor told me I was awesome and congratulated me for loosing almost 20 pounds. Now, there's an ego boost, for yah! To celebrate, I made choco-chip cookies and ate four (hmmm, now that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do after learning I was doing well with my weight loss program. Talk about setting yourself up for self destruction). The good thing is that I hauled my choco-chip eating butt out of bed at 4:30 and ran (not walked) on the treadmill for fifteen minutes, with a 10 minute warm-up and a five minute cool down. I was invigorated and probably burned off two cookies (oh, so sad).

Today, I'm really happy that hump day is here. This week is going by much faster than last week and I'm so glad about it. I'll actually be able to get in my mid-day workout today because I have no meetings and no lunch plans. The other bonus? My boss will be in a meeting all day, so I can play a pretty good game of catch up.

0 comments: