Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Rain Down On Me

It's 50 some-odd degrees today and rainy. Man, I wish I was in my bed right now! I've got my little space heater sitting on my desk, blowing directly in my face (they cranked on the air in this building, back in March and it's been frigid everyday, ever since!) and my hubby's oversized (at least, on me) grey, sweater shirt on. Nothing cute about me, just blah all over. I want to go home and I'm willing to do just about anything to get there(okay, maybe not anything).

Nothing special happening in my life today, just a boring old Tuesday. It occurred to me, while looking at the calendar at my little girl's school, we have two more weeks (after this one) left in the month. Man, will this month ever end? It's so sad. I have no reason for wanting the month to end, except in looking forward to the long Memorial weekend. Oh, so sad.

[Somebody just popped some butter-flavored popcorn. Damn them! The smell is permeating through the office, making my nose twitch and my stomach leap in anticipation. "Calm down. You're not getting any."]

Did I mention that I updated the movie page? We saw Van Helsing over the weekend and rented a few other movies. You can see my "insightful" reviews on the web pages to your left.

I watched VH1's Flab to Fab show last night. It revolved around the JLo look and achieving her body and style. That part made me want to hurl, but the idea of slimming down with exercise and good eating (and not going under the knife, like most reality shows are touting these days) was refreshing! Hubby even watched the last little bit with me and he hates reality shows.

There were three women and they started off pretty sad: no stamina, no strength and very little confidence. As they progressed through the 12-week plan, you could literally see the changes going on with them, inside and out. Of course, they had all the perks that normal people either can't afford or don't have access to: several personal trainers, exclusive use to all the gym equipment they could handle, a hair stylist, a make-up artist, a design consultant, etc.... At the end, they were given a free gym membership to "Crunch" fitness, to keep their new bodies in shape, and also a shopping spree to Saks, to keep their new looks in shape. Must be nice.

Not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in. I have a feeling the scale will read, "bloat, bloated, most bloated". Can't complain, though. I'm still doing well and I haven't even started with my weight training yet (hubby's still getting it ready).

0 comments: