Thursday, May 20, 2004

I'm Drowning!

So much for, what was supposed to be, my calm and relaxing day yesterday. It turned into a day from Hell and I'm still trying to recuperate. I don't know what happened, but one cross statement sent my day into a tailspin south. It was horrible! Disrespectful, non-appreciative ingrates! I am so ready to leave my job, but I'm trapped. I have a mortgage, car payments, student loans, utilities and other life statements that arrive at my door monthly. I can't change jobs now, because I'd only be at my new job a year or so (remember, I have to find a job in my own city, once my little girl turns five). If I find a job in my own city, now, I'll have to change daycares. The daycares here are atrocious in price. Where she is now is discounted because my hubby works for the county. Uh! Such a quandary, I tell you. I don't know how I'm going to hold out another 7 or 8 months.

I left a long message on my boss's voicemail, telling him that we seriously need to talk during our weekly meeting. I've taken on so much in the last few months and I'm still doing it all by myself. Other departments are growing by leaps and bounds (some have inflated to as much as 5 or six, in the last few months). Where's are share? Why the hell do they think I can continue at this rate alone? My boss has asked for the additional help, but he's a kind soul (and quite passive). I think they're going to roll him for as long as they can. Get me into one of their operations meetings. God, I just wish I could threaten them with walking, but they've seriously got me by the balls until next year. Ugh!! I think I'll tell my boss that this isn't going to work and something must be done (not exactly a threat, but I do hope it's a power statement). Ah, hell. I'm not sure what to do. I'm trying to be patient and hold on, but my patience is wearing very thin.

0 comments: