Monday, May 24, 2004

Far Far Away

Yep! I was one of the ticket holders to this laugh riot of a movie (Check out my comments in my "New Movies" link). I am amazed and astounded by the hard work, talent and creativity that go into full-length, animated movies like these. I hope these people appreciate their rockin' jobs. How would it be???

The weekend was a really nice one. We went to my husband's sergeant's house for a BBQ. They own about an acre of land with this, I'd guess, 3500 sqft home. It was beautiful! In the almost four years my hubby has worked here, this is the first time I've ever met a group of his friends. Before this, I knew maybe two people. They're just as crazy as he is and a lot of fun. I was glad that I could relax and enjoy. Most of them were drunk out of their minds, by the time we got there. One couple in particular had been drinking since 11:00am and later adjourned to one of the spare bedrooms for a romping session. Personally, I thought it was tacky, but when they came back out, they didn't seem the slightest bit concerned. The other guys, including my hubby, were making all sorts of comments and snide remarks. It turned into the joke of the evening.

They had a lot of, you guessed it, fat-laden, grease heavy foods to choose from. I even brought my sinfully decadent rum cake, which everyone thought was cornbread until I told them. Hubby brought his "a tingle on my tongue" and "Where's my ass?" hot wings. I didn't go for the gusto with eating, like I normally would have, but I did indulge in some choco-chip cookies and a Segram's Margarita wine cooler. I was actually pretty proud of myself, considering how much food there was to choose from and how much I could have inhaled in the 3 hours we were there. This morning, hubby said, "What would you say if I told you that you could be 15 to 20 pounds lighter, by the end of July?" I started calculating in my head if this dramatic sounding loss would be a healthy one. Seeing that it was around 2 pounds per week, I said, "That sounds healthy and I could probably do it on my own." He then said that, with the weight training plan he was creating for me, this would be fat loss completely, not water loss. He also said the lean muscle mass I would build would help in keeping the weight off (which I completely believe, since we all know that the chemicals in muscle production burn fat as an energy source). He said he would start this week, but he's been saying that for the past few weeks. We have crazy schedules, so we'll see what happens.

Sunday, we went to see Shrek 2 once hubby got home. I hope the Memorial day weekend is just as nice, but I'm not sure if the weather will hold up. They're predicting rain and such for the weekend, here. Most Utahns are die-hard campers. I just couldn't seen myself sleeping out in the wild, while rain pounded down around me, turning the camp site into a sea of mud. They can have it and I think that they will.

Oh! And I spoke to my boss on Friday about my load and the lack of help and all the people they've been hiring around here (but somehow, still neglecting our department). He said that I had valid concerns and that he was told we would have the money in our budget for someone at the beginning of the new fiscal year (July); however, he also said that he would plead my case again so that the person could be here before that time. Hurray! All I have to do is document the tasks and emails I'm currently working on and undertake. On Wednesday, we'll talk again and then he will go to our provost about hiring a full timer to help. I'm really praying it works!

0 comments: