Friday, May 14, 2004

TGIF

I am so thrilled that it's Friday and I have no idea why. It's not like anything big is going to happen to me this weekend, but I am thrilled nonetheless. I wish something big were happening, then I'd be a bit more justified in my excitement.

One thing that I am happy about is that my girlfriend is coming to my mom's house for Memorial Day. Both her son and husband have been deployed and she's quite lonely (as I'm sure anyone can imagine). She has no family here to speak of and I thought, "Hey. We're doing something, why can't she do it with us?" She seemed really happy, when I invited her. I hope it isn't a disappointment, you know, family sitting around talking, eating barbecue and just generally looking crazy.

I went out to lunch with my other girlfriend, today. I had a Greek omelet and it was divine. It also came with hashbrowns and pancakes, so you know I was happy. It's my big splurge for the week, so I'll be "up and at 'em" in the morning on the treadmill. I gotta, or the scale will not be kind to me next week (and I so want it to be kind). I didn't walk this morning, mainly because it was so cold and the bed felt so good, and my feet were wrapped around hubby's feet and...well, it was just to good to give up.

TOM is here and in full effect. The good(?) thing is that I'll be done by the time I have my physical on Tuesday. Do you know I haven't had one in four years, almost? I know. It's terrible and I really have no excuse, but I'm going and that's what counts. Hopefully, everything will be A-Okay.

Happy Friday, everyone!

0 comments: