Thursday, May 06, 2004

The Calm After The Storm

What a day, yesterday! It was like I totally got hit by a tornado. Everything in my work-life world was picked up and dropped fifteen feet away. I'm working on a project that I ended up taking home with me last night, just so I wouldn't feel overwhelmed today. I am so glad that I did. To describe the project is much too complicated, just know that it involves about ten other people, all of them stirring things up. On top of that, my stomach was flip-flopping most of the afternoon, due to the new food I had given it.

I ended up skipping my lunch (I know, I know. Don't skip meals.) but, I really didn't have a choice. I was so freaking busy. Then, I got home and made a good dinner: Grilled chicken breasts, corn on the cob and Angel hair pasta roni. It won rave reviews. I love those McCormick marinades. Those, combined with my George Foreman grill, can create a masterpiece.

I did well today with my workouts. Thirty minutes on the treadmill this morning before work and thirty minutes on the elliptical trainer at the gym, during lunch. Tomorrow, I have a lunch date with a friend, so I won't be able to do my mid-day routine. I think my body has adjusted nicely to solid foods again. I think it just wasn't sure how to handle things, yesterday. Hello, I wasn't sure how to handle things, yesterday. Thankfully, today has gone much smoother. I still have a lot to do, but at least I don't feel like a crazy person.

0 comments: