Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Soothing Pumpkin

I know I haven't posted in a couple of days. We were off and away in town for hubby's show (in which he won three titles. Yeah!). Staying in town was like having a little mini-vacation and the girls had a blast. The pool at the place was like that of an indoor aquatic center. They played while hubby and I soaked in the hot tub (nice).

My weight wasn't chronicled the entire time we were away. When I weighed first thing on Monday morning, I was pleased to see that I hadn't inflicted any damage and that I was, indeed, smaller than when I left (even with the glasses of wine and sugar free chocolate). The salt was gone and, my guess, the bloat from my non-existent period.

Last night, we experimented and made a lovely pumpkin soup. My entire family went gaga over it. Everyone
Wonderful, low-carb Pumpkin Soup. Yum!
had three servings and, consequently, we do not have leftovers (I really wanted some for my lunch today). Hubby suggested trying it with link, polish sausage (it had Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage in it) next time or leftover rotisserie chicken.  There are lots of things we could try and it would still come out a winner. My eldest, who is not a pumpkin fan, loved it and said it didn't taste like pumpkin. Of course, not the traditional pumpkin, as it did not have ginger and other spices.

Today, I was up .4lbs than yesterday. Considering the amount of carbs I had (more wine; Pink Moscato last night), I'm quite pleased. I'm still toying around with the idea of doing a short round. Maybe right after the new year. If I can keep myself stabilized, it would totally be worth it to me.

I'll come back and post tonight with my food for today. Gotta get back in the habit.

0 comments: