Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 18 VLCD - Eat to Nourish and Satisfy

This is a mantra I keep to carry me through phase 2 and I'm sure it will guide me through phases three and four. When I dieted in the past, I would work really hard to do this and was successful most of the time. It was when I allowed myself more than just a bite or sample of those things outside of nourishment that my system raged out of control.

I've identified that I am a carb-addict (or sugar addict, since carbs are essentially sugar) and I will have to work very hard to make sure I don't go overboard. The phases after this force you to stay within two pounds of your last injection weight. This is an excellent time to learn what takes you over or what actually helps your current weight to stabilize. By that time, I will have reincorporated my workouts which should help things along as well. For now, I'm learning how to truly enjoy Stevia (before, I thought it tasted like trees...which sort of makes sense, since the supplement is plant-based). I will continue it's use over Splenda from here on out. I can't risk Sucralose fooling my insulin levels and sabotaging all my hard work. Hubby even bought some in bulk for me from one of his supplement places.

Another determination, which I've mentioned here before, is that I'm an emotional eater. When things get stressful, that's when the cravings kick into overdrive. I am learning how to deal with these stressful times and will continue to work on their management, probably for the rest of my life. I also eat when things are good. Celebration food is a favorite as well as eating in front of the t.v. Not that I can't ever do these things again, but I must learn how to do them in moderation. Another issue is food as a substitution for physical intimacy. Dr. Simeons speaks about this within the protocol. I didn't even realize I did this until this journey with the Protocol. Interestingly, we are an above average couple in terms of statistics. To trade food for what I really want/need will thrill my hubby. Unfortunately, he's been so sick as of late so, I've had to leave him be.

Enough TMI for now. I only had a .2 loss (guess that lack of water really makes a difference). Here's what I had today:

March 15th, 2010

Calorie goal: 1,106; calories consumed: 354; calories burned: 0 Net calories: 354
Mood: Content

I'm learning more about myself everyday. What an experience! Only a .2 pound loss this morning. I learned my lesson and drank all 80 ounces. Will I see a bigger change tomorrow? Let's hope so. [edit this diary entry]
Food Item Servings Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein
Wegmans Beef for Stir Fry, Sirloin 1.00 210 12g 75mg 55mg 0g 0g 0g 24g
Popeye Fresh Baby Spinach 1.00 20 0g 0mg 65mg 3g 0g 2g 2g
Melba Toast (one Slice) 1.00 13 0g 0mg 0mg 3g 0g 0g 0g
Large Cooked Shrimp 0.75 45 0g 68mg 368mg 0g 0g 0g 11g
Asparagus, Boiled 1.00 20 0g 0mg 13mg 4g 1g 2g 2g
Old London Melba Toast 1.00 20 0g 0mg 37mg 4g 0g 1g 0g
Grapefruit, Half 1.00 26 0g 0mg 0mg 7g 0g 0g 1g
Folgers Classic Decaf Instant Coffee 8 oz 2.00 0 0g 0mg 0mg 0g 0g 0g 0g
Totals: 354 12g 143mg 538mg 20g 1g 5g 40g

Today's weight this morning was 170 on the nose.

0 comments: