Monday, January 16, 2012

R5, P2, VLCD 2 - Moving Past Temptations (195.8) = -2.8

A holiday and a snowy day off. Things started off well with sleeping in until after 7:00am (pretty late for me). We hung around the house doing a lot of nothing (also nice), then went shopping later in the day. I had lunch out with the family; a beef patty and two side salads with lemon. Being around my girls, munching on cheddar, ranch and fries was incredibly tempting but, I held fast. I nice release this morning of almost three pounds was well worth it and a driving motivation to keep going.






Hubby and I talked about this round, the length of time it should take and when I'll be able to work out and eat all the fun goodies again (in moderation of course). This round, I'll be indulging in Yoga, stretching and fun-time on the Wii. I can't remain sendentary during this round. Since I'm not doing the normal walk around the office, jaunt around town tasks that most people do, I have to get in some kind of moderate activity somewhere.






Tomorrow is the first day of VLCDs with a regular work schedule. The nice thing is that I don't have the pressure of explaining why my meals are so limited. Since I work from home, no one is peering over my shoulder to see what I'm lacking. I have a social life again (which is terrific). This is where the issues may arise. I'll have to turn down the wine and forgo the snacks. It's only a couple of months and I'm sure if I explain it that way my host/hostess should be forgiving. Here are my totals (the chart isn't copying correctly again today):






Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein






As an aside, I purchased Powdered Stevia Extract today. Wow! So much better than the stuff you buy at the store (namely Sweet Leaf and Stevia in the Raw). No bitter aftertaste and it taste nearly as good as Splenda. It was pretty pricey, but I could see myself using this all the time. I also bought some Xylitol for P4 cooking. Thankfully, it doesn't have the same effects on me that it has on some people. It was also cheaper than the Stevia. I'm eager to see how it bakes up in my cakes. Yum!

0 comments: