Friday, August 06, 2004

Why, oh why?

Why, oh why did I eat the entire rice krispy brick? It was good, that's why...dammit. It was just what I need to squelch my sweet tooth (it's been on over drive for the past couple of days). I've noticed that I'm having a time getting my 64 ounces of water down. It always takes a couple of weeks to get back into the routine, if I stray for even a few days. So, here I am not drinking water and eating sweets. Perhaps it's the lack of, dare I say it? Sex. Yes. That's right. That's the big deal with me and hubby, right now. We have ceased relations (supposedly) for one month, in order to stabilize our relationship, increase our communication (or mine, more specifically) and become the friends we used to be. The theory is that the sex haze will cloud the issues and make you think everything is okay. Hell! I must have totally taken it for granted because it's only been a little over a week and I'm about to die! Last night, hubby was in "jump my wife" mode too and had to leave the room because he couldn't handle it. I keep telling him that this was his decision, then he gives me that, "Thanks for choosing now to listen to what I have to say. Now, excuse me while I take a cold shower and a bath in ice." I suppose my sex life was more active than I thought. (Actually, I have confirmation that it's very active, based on a blog I've been reading for a while where the writer may experience intimacy once or twice a month.) I think I would start throwing things, if it got to that point.

I can't say this period of celibacy will last. I may turn into the irritating dog that humps legs because he can't get it anywhere else (let's hope I don't get to that point). Hubby claims that a merited psychologist says it's a great way to get things back on track. Great for him, maybe. Perhaps his wife wasn't "giving him the goods" on a regular basis, so he didn't really miss it. When it's as much a part of your marriage as eating or sleeping or talking and you suddenly take it away, there's bound to be added stress (something we really don't need right now, if you ask me, especially with hubby about to go on graveyards).

I think this is probably much more than anyone cares to read so I'll end by saying, I don't think this month thing is going to last. I think one of us will crack in the next few days. Either that, or I'll eat my way through a cake (and I can't do that if I'm ever going to see the 150's this month).

0 comments: