Monday, August 16, 2004

Birthday Bloat

Yesterday was the celebration day of the babe's birthday (her actual birthday is today. My daughter was born the same day as Madonna. Hmm.....). We had cake and pizza (lovely, fattening combination). But, did I mention that hubby and I had Wendy's while watching Alien Vs. Predator that afternoon? Man, am I feeling it today. Hubby calls them "splurge" days, but I don't think I should be having any more of these anytime soon. To help compensate, I jumped on the treadmill first thing this morning and walked for 50 minutes. I also brought my gym bag, so I'll be on the elliptical at lunch time. Right now, I'm sipping on my slimming tea (i.e, tea that makes you go potty in about four to six hours).

It wasn't a complete bust. We did swim on Saturday and I actually got into the lap pool and really swam in there for a while. Most of the time, we're just playing, but the lap swimming makes you totally remember why swimming is considered a sport.

I do remember saying that I had to focus and I really tried to, but with this weekend's festivities, it was very hard:

"Who are you trying to convince, the readers or yourself?"

"I don't know and I don't care. I think I'm just trying to get it out so it is out there."

"Are you expecting sympathy or reassurance, because I'm not going to give it to you."

"That's good to know and to hear. Maybe it will give me the swift kick in the pants that I need. I actually thought, while driving in to work today, just why am I doing all of this? What is the ultimate goal? Why to look hot by 30, of course. That's the goal and that's why I can't steer away from it. I've come so far. I can't turn back now."

"So, what are you waiting for, a sign from God? You already know what you have to do to achieve your goals. You know what it takes and you know how to do it, so, just do it."

"Thank you, Nike advertising. I will."

0 comments: