Thursday, August 05, 2004

Rock Your Body (Mic Check, 1, 2)

So, I'm totally loving this song! I burned it last night and played it in the car and just listened to it again at work. Have no idea what I'm talking about? Pay attention to the new JC Penney ads for the fall, back-to-school sales. Being the marketing person that I am at heart, I think this ad was brilliant planning on their part. It's trendy, the clothes the kids are wearing are stylish, their playing a great song and everyone looks like they're having a great time (despite having to go back to school). Perfect. Typically, with department store ads, they try to keep things on the conservative side. I think that's fine, when you're selling to the 45 - 65 age group; however, things have to be shaken up for the "younger crowd", if you want them to shop in the store. I was also very happy to see that, even though the clothes are trendy, the kids were covered (no hoochies, thank goodness!! I get so tired of seeing baby hoochies). I also noticed that one of the girls dancing in the classroom (this is a separate ad, they have two) is featured a lot in Missy Elliot's videos. That girl's got skills!

I saw Hidalgo last night. A very moving story but unfortunately the movie was lacking a bit (although, Viggo does add that certain punch, no matter what, doesn't he??). I'll review it, hopefully this afternoon so, be sure to check the links later.

I'm currently drinking a Nescafe Frothe to pep myself. I got about 5 hours of sleep last night. I think this, whatever-this-thing-me-and-hubby-are-doing is driving me a bit batty. He's right there every night, but I miss him a lot. I think I'm emotionally preparing for the switch to graveyards, along with all the other drama we're dealing with. It's not the best shift (he's done it before), but it's certainly better than when he was on swing. Swing shift nearly separated us permanently. I never saw him and our relationship suffered so much. Only single people and hermits should ever work swing.

We haven't trained this week together. Earlier this week, he said we would get together on Thursday. Today is Thursday, but he didn't mention it this morning before he left. I think he's somewhat trying to avoid me. This whole thing has me so confused. I hope we do get together, not just because I need that extra boost from strength training, but because he may lighten up a bit if we're in the gym together. His being so serious about everything all the time lately is for the birds. I need a vacation...a real one.

When we went to Park City last week, we visited a supplement shop and purchased my L-Carnitine in liquid form. Hubby said it would hit my bloodstream quicker and make more of a difference. Again, I've been off of it for about a week, so I'm not sure if it's taken any effect yet. I certainly hope it does soon. Oh, and it doesn't taste too bad...sort of like a sweet with a slightly bitter aftertaste, medicine. One last bit before I depart, the hoover dam has returned which makes me wonder how valid yesterday's number was. I'm hoping not very and I'm also hoping I can destroy the dam before the next weigh day.

0 comments: