Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Feeling More Like Me

I really am. My gums are still a bit sore and I'm still feeling like I should adjust my jaw or something, but other than that, I'm feeling more like me. I'm very glad about that. It's always hard to adjust and then readjust after a surgery or procedure or whatever. Even with eating plans, you have to do some kind of adjusting and if you go off for a while a readjustment back to whatever the plan was. I fell back into the plan with grace, I must say. Yesterday, I was in the 1200 calorie neighborhood and it felt good. Not only that, I did two workouts (one morning and one at lunch). I plan on doing the two again today.

The gym Olympics appear to be going well. Now, there's a big billboard in the lobby that shows what the prizes will be: 2 roundtrip tickets to anywhere JetBlue flies, one dinner for two, and 12 personal training sessions. You know, if I won those personal training sessions, I would be royally pissed off. Those trainers look like twigs and have nothing on my hubby. I often wonder how a personal trainer can even self-promote when they don't look like what they're advertising. Granted, they don't have to be super buff body builders, but they do have to look like they're tone, in good shape and have a clue of what they're talking about. I think another one of the prizes is a series of massages. Now, that's something I can definitely get into. Who knows, though. I may end up with a water bottle and a carton of protein bars.

I'm still taking the L-Carnitine in liquid form. I can't tell if it's making a difference or not. I've had so much going on, what with the surgery, water retention and impending TOM. I guess I really won't know until the second or third week of September. Bummer. Hubby is also investigating the idea of my taking Zantrex-3 or Hot Rox. I've done my homework and discovered that both are very expensive (he claims that he can get them both very cheap through his "resources". My hubby - the supplements dealer. ) I also did some research on their ingredients. Hot Rox is probably more up to speed with what I'd prefer. It has to do with enhancing natural metabolic reactions, where Zantrex is full of caffeine and other stimulants. I can barely drink a cup of coffee without climbing the walls. That stuff would have me on overdrive. (I took Ripped Fuel for a time, a couple of years back...and this was still with Ephedra. Holy cow! After about a week, I was done with the stuff. Seriously. It was like what I imagine being on speed would be like.) Even though Zantrex-3 doesn't have ephedra, the caffeine alone is enough to make me not want to take it.

On a different note, I've been working hard on preparing meals at home this week. This morning, I seasoned a whole fryer chicken and dug out the rotisserie so that when I get home, all I have to do is put it on the spit and viola! Dinner in an hour. (The babe will have time to tear-up the concrete with her birthday big wheel for a while. She's so cute on it and it brings back so many memories for me).

Well, I suppose I better get back to the gazillion emails that are awaiting me. TTFN!

0 comments: