Monday, August 30, 2004

A Jumble of Emotions

That's the best way to describe how I'm feeling today. iMood had a variety of ways to describe this feeling, but I settled on sad. I had a pretty nice weekend, but the moon was full and had my emotions on overdrive. It was like I was pmsing all over again (not a nice feeling to say the least). I was snappy, rude and overall not great fun to be with. When I saw the moon this morning, I knew what was going on. Oh, I know. Some people think that's just an old wives tale but, I believe the moon has a huge effect on human beings. Think about this: a satellite that actually controls the tides in our oceans and dictates weather trends. Remember, we are 80 to 85% water ourselves. You can't tell me that it doesn't have an effect on us as well. Anyway, I'm still feeling like this and I'm sure it won't dissipate until the moon begins to shift again.

Over the weekend, we went to the Ogden Balloon Festival which was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, we did not get to see any of the balloons taking off (they did that part at around 6:30 am that morning, much too early on a Saturday for me). We did get to visit the booths, venues and rides. The babe received her first pony ride Saturday. She loved it! I felt a bit bad for the ponies. They looked bored and I wanted to unhitch all of them and let them run free (probably wouldn't have set so well with the owners). She also got two air-brushed tattoos, which she is becoming more and more miffed about (they are starting to disappear and she is not pleased). The most interesting part, for us, was walking through several motor coaches. Hubby and I would never consider buying one of these (first off, because they're too damn expensive and secondly, we're not ones for camping). However, these were absolutely beautiful! I could certainly see why some superstars prefer riding in these, rather than flying. You have everything right there! Kitchen, washer, dryer, shower, bathroom, queen-size bed, dining area, love seats and coaches. Even the driver's and driver's side seats are reclining easy chairs.

Hubby and I see people around here driving them all the time. Utah is a big outdoorsy state, so it makes sense. Goodness! I'd be afraid to drive one of those things. No wonder you have to be trained to drive them. I suppose it's close to driving a freight truck or something. Hubby's friend has one (they are quite wealthy) and it has a chandelier. A freaking chandelier! I can't even imagine.

Well, for one who is as jumbled up as I am right now, that last passage sounded pretty enthusiastic and it was (see what I mean by jumbled)? I hope the rest of the day gets better. You know. The first thing I thought when I got up this morning is, "Man, I don't want to go to work today." When I got here it was, "Man, I'm really tired of this commute." Boy, am I ever and it's not even winter yet when I really start getting fed up with it.

0 comments: