Monday, August 16, 2004

Birthday Bloat

Damn. I had a whole post and Netscape just went completely crazy on me. I had all this great stuff about how I'm truly going to focus (even though I did slip up a bit yesterday, only because it was my daughter's birthday party). I had one slice of cake and one slice of pizza; however, when hubby and I went to see Alien vs. Predator, we snuck in Wendy's burgers and fries. Yikes!

I know my goal and I know that the only way to achieve it is to buckle down and do what I've got to do. I have a little more than four months to get to where I want to be, and I believe I can do it in that time. Splurge days are fine, but even a splurge can be controlled. The holidays are coming and I can't loose it now or there's no going back. Once I crest into fall, it's too easy to say, "To heck with this! I'm having my cake and eating it too, the whole cake in fact." No. I can't be that person I was. I can't look at my nines and tens a couple of months from now saying, "I wish, I hope." No. No. No. That is not going to happen. I want to be slipping into 6's by Christmas. I want to be dawning on fours by my birthday (well, maybe). If this is really to be, I have to take charge and control of my life, as I did this past January. I can do this. I can make what I want happen and I will. I can be the healthy person that I need to be for myself and for my family. I will make this happen. I must!

0 comments: