Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Remnants of My Vacation

As much as it pained me to change that 0 to a 3, I did it. So, I've basically taken two steps backward. Hubby says that a lot of what I'm seeing is the water retention from all the salt we ate this past weekend. By the way, it should also be noted that last weekend felt more like the vacation I should have had the week before. And in that, we enjoyed ourselves with food and drink.

To take the positive spin, I can look at last weekend as if it were my vacation period (since during my true vacation, it was basically a horrible nightmare and I ended up losing weight instead of gaining the pounds I expected). If that's the case, than I'm right on track. I always put on a bit during vacation. Also, if I can compare this to last year's vacation, I'm really ahead of the game (since I put on 7 pounds instead of these measly three). True, I still have to stick with the program and grab my focus again because, sooner rather than the later, the holidays will be here. Then, I'll be faced with sweet cakes and goodies, as well as the warm fall delights I so love. I'll have to be on the ball so that I can take my normal portion and be satisfied, rather than gorging and feeling bad about it later.

I think I'll take the positive spin, for not only the above reasons, but also because I am desperately trying to stay positive on the whole. Most of my coworkers are so negative. In fact, I made a conscious effort, yesterday, to drown out all of that nonsense. If I'm going to be here until next year, I've got to make the most of it and the best way to do that is to keep on the brighter (sunny) side of life.

One week from today, I will be in the operating room getting those pesky teeth yanked out. I can't believe it! Six days from today, the babe will be turning four...I really can't believe it!

0 comments: