Wednesday, August 25, 2004

My 100th Entry

I feel like I should have balloons or a really cool flash animation that showers this blog entry with sparkles. (Okay, maybe that's going a bit overboard for just 100 entries). I'm always up for a celebration.

You will note to the left that I have successfully dropped one half pound, despite TOM showing up yesterday. I was very happy about that this morning. I felt heavy, bloated and generally unattractive. It's always nice to be proven wrong with the wrong is a benefit to yourself. I'm still sore in the gums, but it gets a little better everyday. In fact, one week to the hour ago today I was under the fog being drilled (hmm, that last bit probably reads a little sordid, but you know what was going on). Two hours later, I would have been rambling to my hubby in his truck about who knows what. Poor, guy. He's suffered with me through so much. He's a good guy. He really is.

I was mistaken with yesterday's gym Olympic prizes. There is a dinner and a movie certificate (I think I just said dinner, yesterday) and several training sessions but I saw nothing about massages. Oh, how that would have been nice for someone (maybe, me). I don't know why they didn't do that. It would have been a good selling tool. Get someone hooked on massages then once all the freebies run out, they'll start paying for them for sure.

My girlfriend emailed me about any plans for a summer vacation. When I told her about the stuff that happened at the end of July (you'll remember that we were planning for Vegas when my mother decided to pull out two days before the trip and how pissed we were), well it all started flooding back and I got mad all over again. I really wanted to get out of town, you know. There's some inherent need in me to vacate the state about every 7 or 8 months. The same was true when I lived in Tennessee. We would go to Atlanta or Daytona. That was usually just enough to quiet my nomadic spirit. I'm in need of travel! Granted, all I really have to do is drive a few hours in any direction and I could be in Idaho (joy! - notice the sarcasm?), Wyoming (ultra, joy! - no way in hell), Arizona (Now, that could be fun), Nevada (oh, please! Take me away!). It's probably not going to happen until next year. Well, maybe that can be my big 30 birthday present. A trip away with all the thrills and spills I want (I'm dreaming, right?).

0 comments: