Monday, August 23, 2004

Mommy Gums

I'm back and boy is my jaw sore! I'm hoped up on Ibuprofen, right now. I didn't dare bring my Loritab's to work (I'd probably be passed out on the keyboard right about now). It was pretty freaky. Well, the whole knock-you-out-for surgery-purposes is always a bit freaky. It was as if I closed my eyes and then opened them again to a fog. Wednesday is pretty hazy and I don't remember much, except feeling really ill when hubby tried to feed me mashed potatoes. I actually had watermelon as my staple for that day. It was cool, refreshing and oh so tasty. Thursday, I managed to peruse around the fair grounds with hubby and the babe while still heavily medicated. (I definitely documented that time for our gym Olympics). Friday, we were at home most of the day, but we did venture out for a brief shopping excursion. That was also the day hubby was to begin the graveyard shift. Unfortunately, no one told him that the schedule had been changed and he was supposed to start on Saturday, not Friday, so he drags himself back home at 1 in the morning. What a mess!

Saturday, we hung out at home a lot. Most of this hanging out is me laying around in the bed doped up on many drugs. I'm sure the babe was way excited to be going back to school today (she'll probably be exhausted from all of the activity, when I pick her up). Eating has been a challenge all week, but I haven't lost that much weight (TOM is on it's way, so I'm holding on to water) I did weigh on Wednesday of last week at came in at 162. I was happy to see that again. Two days later, I was two pounds up. I knew it was water right away because I hadn't had much to eat.

I'm still in focus mode because I know that there are only a few months left until my birthday. January may seem like eons away, but it'll be here before we know it. In fact, the weather around here is on a sprint towards fall. No higher than the 70's today with lots of rain. Rain? We never get rain. Oh, and it's totally dark now when I leave for work. Another sign of the season's impending change. I'm ready, but cautious. I just don't want to loose this focus. I want to be skinny and fabulous in my winter duds. It seems almost unfair to want something for your physique, only to hide it because of the weather. I guess that's what I'll need to keep my fervor up for next spring.

0 comments: