Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Blogger on Crack

I don't know what happened yesterday, but it looks as if my post went into crack fits. What the hell? I'm not sure what to do about it, aside from deleting it altogether (can you do that?). I'll probably just leave it as is and write it off as a fluke.

Tomorrow's the big day. I'm not as nervous as I thought I would be. I think I'll start to freak out when I actually get there. That's usually what happens with me. Even as a dancer, I was fine until the few moments before the performance, then the nerves would set in. After a tad bit of nervousness, I'd go out on stage and be fine (completely involved with the performance).

The food thing has been pretty good today and yesterday. I feel a lot better after my tea cleaning. Boy, that stuff really does the trick! I don't know how to feel about being on a diet of just soup (and maybe mashed potatoes or grits) the next few days. If I loose a bit of weight, my body will just hold onto everything when solid foods are reintroduced (see my "fasting" blog entries). I'm really worried about the emails that will accumulate in my inbox, while I'm away. My boss mentioned the same thing. I think the only thing I can do is pop in on Saturday, hopefully I'll be feeling better, and work through some of them. That way, I won't have a gazillion on Monday when I come in. My boss said that the Finance VP is putting an ad in the paper on Sunday. I was very happy to hear that, but I was not involved in the creation of the ad. Should I be upset? I think I should, but I just don't have the energy to fuss about it. I fuss about everything as it is.

Hubby rented lots of movies to keep me entertained while I'm bed ridden (or whatever the heck happens when you have lots of teeth pulled). I hope I heal fast and don't have to deal with this for too long. The county fair is this week and I'd really like to take the babe. They have free pony rides and carnival rides. I think she'd get a big kick out of it. Even if hubby decided to take her on his own, I'd feel bad. I like participating in those things that she's never experienced before. It's just such a treat to see her reactions. Oh, to be a mom.

One last thing: I was summoned for jury duty over the weekend. The date? Why, tomorrow of course. And, I couldn't call in to say that I was having surgery or anything until after 12:00 pm today. Well, I've been summoned a total of three times in my life (including this time). Each time, something has happened where I could not participate. The first time, they summoned me to appear on the same day as my wedding. The second time, I had moved here but they sent it from Tennessee. Today, I called and I got a message saying that the case had been settled. I wonder what will happen the next time? [smile]

0 comments: