Friday, August 27, 2004

Size 12? What's that?

I'm wearing these print pants I bought last year. They're really cute and something that you wouldn't find at an ordinary department store. The print displays WWII, Ms. America winners all over. The pants are blue and off-white. They're a size 12...and they are literally staying on me by the grace of God (no belt loops, so I couldn't wear a belt). But, I really wanted to wear these pants again. As I said, they're super cute and go great with my angel sleeve, silk top that I'm wearing (let's also not forget the Italian mules with the rhinestones) No one is in my office, hardly, and already I've received three compliments. Great for the ego.

I suppose I won't be able to wear them again, but I refuse to give these away. I know, I know. You hear all the time that after you've dropped weight and if you're continuing to drop weight, you should get rid of all your fat clothes. Well, I just love these pants too much. Maybe they'll be my one treasure from my fat days. That seems so weird, saying that. Not that I'm where I want to be yet, by any means. I'm just not the same person I was in January (body person, I mean).

I'm having a protein packed breakfast (I was craving eggs this morning). The other day when I had eggs and potatoes, it made me feel good all day. I suppose I'll need to find some "easy fixings" in those two areas (much cheaper than stopping and buying, although I think that's perfectly fine to do, sometimes).

I feel badly. I haven't watched any of the Olympics this year. Perhaps it was the surgery and the recuperation period. Perhaps I'm just not that interested, I don't know. Normally, I would be glued to the gymnasts and swimmers, but I haven't seen anything! The winter Olympics will be in Italy in two years. Those should be exciting. I hope I have the motivation to watch, then. We really loved having them here. My hubby worked police patrol in Park City and saw lots of celebrities. He even met Ving Rhames (Marcelas from Pulp Fiction). But, I digress.

No big plans for the weekend, just laundry and hanging out. I don't even want to do anything, per se. I think I might trade some old DVDs and get new ones (we have several that we've only watched once and have no intentions of watching again). That way, I'll at least get out of the house.

Once last thing, one of the items I ordered from eBay arrived last night. It's lovely, but I look like a total prostitute (well, how could I not? It's a backless halter? What in hell was I thinking?) I may save it to wear just for hubby. He loves naked clothes. We very rarely go to clubs, but I'd even be self-conscious wearing one there. Maybe if I were really drunk....

0 comments: