Thursday, June 03, 2004

Worn Out Wednesdays

What a day, yesterday. It just continued to get steadily worse from the time my boss arrived, to the time I got home to a very frustrated hubby. Ever have those days where you feel like you just can't do anything right?

First, the project I mentioned yesterday? Boss-man comes over with more expectations and tweaks, which would require more work. Of course, since I am working on this project due tomorrow, the phone would not stop ringing. Each call was some overly stressed, major task I had to perform. To top it all off, I received the bulk of my outside requests 45 minutes before quitting time. I got them done, but I had to really crank to do it. Then, the highway was a mess again (it was also the first day of real heat we've had, since last summer...around 85 degrees). I had to get off the interstate and detour, just to try to get home at a decent time. And with the gas the way it is, I didn't burn my air conditioning, so it was a freaking furnace in my car. Finally, hubby's all pissed because I'm not in the mood. Would you be?

I ended up on the treadmill again at 10:15 last night. Crazy! That makes four workouts for Wednesday (somewhere around 700 calories extra burned) and my body is totally feeling it today. I had to release somehow. I started out on the computer, then I sat outside and watched the planes fly over, then I decided to get on the treadmill. After my fourth shower of the day, I crawled into bed and went to sleep.

God, I hope today is better. I seem to have more of these crap days this year than I've had in ages. I hope it mellows off soon, or I may have to go postal on somebody.

I received a form in the mail that I have to fill out for jury duty. Jury duty? Oh, man. Just one more thing I need, right now. Also, I've been holding my car payment for a few days and if I don't' do it soon, I'll be late for the first time. Can't have that, nah, uh. I think I'm PMSing too, and did you notice the moon? I'm a total shambles. There will definitely be some Di Saronno in my future this weekend...on the rocks, with a splash of lemon juice and maraschino cherries, please?

0 comments: