Friday, June 18, 2004

Something Wicked This Way Comes

I am not a freak; but, I do love Harry Potter. That's what I did today. I took the day off and me and my little girl went to see The Prisoner of Azkaban. It was wonderful! Much darker than the first two movies, but I think that's why this is my favorite out of all the books. Yes. I read the books...each and every one, including the latest. Ms. Rowling is a wonderful writer. She writes her children's novels, not in the condescending tone that can be found in many children's novels. She also reaches the adult audience in a most unique way. I've been very impressed, so far. My little one, even at three, was able to enjoy herself (that is, until she fell asleep. Poor thing. It was the middle of her nap time. She's definitely a scheduled kind of kid).

Afterwards, we went to Payless. I've been eyeing the new Starlet line that Star Jones came out with who, by the way, is one of the most irritating t.v. personalities out there. The shoes are cute, though. They didn't have them. The sales girl called four or five other stores in town and no one has them. Utah, I tell you what! Anyway, I decided that I'd order them next week (after I get paid). Shipping to the stores is free.

We then went to Sally's beauty supply. They had their Dark & Lovely Permanent Hair colorant on sale, buy one get one free. I'll be going bronze at my next 10% goal. I figured, I'll get it now while it's on sale and cheap, cheap, cheap. They also had some Theons. I was so thrilled! They discontinued them, but they had some in the back. This is some of the prettiest nail polish out there. What makes it so special is it's facets. It goes on one color, but as soon as the base coat is applied, it richens the color with luminescent facets. It's gorgeous! It's like having your hair highlighted, only it's for nails.

Then, we went to this warehouse, discount store called Buckoos. Their stuff is anywhere from 40-75% off. They have swarvoski jewelry (regularly $100+) for 75% off. I bought my best friend an earring and necklace set. I'll stick it in her cigarbox purse, with all the other goodies. I hope she likes them. I also bought a time, a DVD and a necklace set for myself.

At Target, I got the fixings for hubby's father's day breakfast tomorrow. I also picked up some California Rolls (love those!). I was good and only allowed myself three, along with some spiced ginger. Yumm!

Been doing okay with my eating, this weekend. We ate breakfast this morning and I swear, the pancake they brought out for my daughter was hanging off the plate! It's a mom and pop place that specializes dishes for the military boys here. It was wonderful. Hubby and I will have to go there soon together. I met friends there this morning.

I did buy popcorn for the little one, that I helped her eat. It's funny. I was satisfied after not eating very much. I tasted a Lime Diet Coke for the first time today. I don't know why people are so crazy about carbonated drinks. That's probably the first one I've had in months. They just don't do anything for me, except give me a slew of canker sores. I'll stick to my Crystal Light, thank you.

I've given up on the Noxema. It just isn't working. My skin still looks like creatures are borrowing underneath. It's awful! I've never had bad skin. Hubby says it's all the impurities my workouts are pushing out of my system. I don't care. It's gross and I want them gone. After checking Epinions, I found that Neutrogena acne-prone skin formula received rave reviews from its users. It was around $3.00 at Rite-aid. I'm sure Wal-Mart probably has it for cheaper (I had a rebate check, so there wasn't any money out of my pocket). I'll let you know how it goes.

0 comments: