Tuesday, June 29, 2004

We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off

Well, I don't have to but, it's happening. I'm wearing this really pretty dress that's a bit off the shoulder...well, more than a bit. I can't wear a regular bra and push the straps to the side to wear it because the back is too exposed. If I try to wear a strapless, you see the big cups in the front (the dress is chiffon and makes a strapless look ridiculous underneath). Therefore, it's the "60's special" today, without the burning; however, the dress falls off the shoulder and wants to keep heading south. When I first bought the dress, it didn't do this. I can only guess that my back or shoulders have gotten smaller, which is good because I hate the big back thing. But, what am I supposed to do about preventing the nakedness all day?

Something really funny is that this dress was in the 8's section at the department store. Eight!! The tag says medium, so that could also mean a 9 or 10. Either way, it's not a 12 or 14. It's a gorgeous dress, red with subtle, large flowers all over(I'm not a flower person, but this works).It appears to be two pieces with sleeves and a bias cut. I love the 30's look and this is reminiscent of it. The bottom flares a bit and sweeps around the ankles. I have to train today, so I thought I'd better look nice (you know, first impressions and all). I don't suppose the trainees are ordering up titillation with their training. I'll just keep pulling up the sleeves like bra straps today. What fun.

I did quite well last night, after dinner. I made my version of shepherd's pie (mashed potatoes, ground turkey and whole kernel corn). After wards, I really wanted an oatmeal raisin cookie. I even wrote it down to include in my count. Then, I thought about it. I remembered how many fat grams I had left for the day. I knew that one cookie would take me back into the red, and I didn't want that. I also knew that I couldn't have just one. One would have turned into three and I would have felt guilty and miserable about it the whole night. So, I opted for cereal instead. It wasn't as tasty as the cookie, but it did satisfy my sweet craving (Bloody TOM, PMS crap!). I was up later than usual, so the temptation kept rising, but I kept fighting. It's all about self-control and the price being worth the pay off. This time, it wasn't. This time, I knew that I didn't want to see red on my spreadsheet.

I'll update my movie review page today. I've seen a couple of new ones, since I last updated. Keep checking back.

0 comments: