Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Share and Share Alike

I spent this morning talking to one of my co-workers about losing weight and this blog. Ultimately, it (the blog) was revealed to her. She is the first and only person to know who I am and connect it to the alias I use here. It was a little freaky at first, but she's a good person that I trust so, I'm not too worried about it. She, herself is on a journey of sorts. I believe she's lost somewhere in the neighborhood of thirty pounds by cutting out corn syrup products, white flour and cheese. She looks fantastic and I'm seeing the changes in her that I see in most people who drop a lot of weight. She's a confident person to begin with, but it's even more pronounced now. She's also showing a much more feminine side, choosing to be a bit more daring in her wardrobe choices. I've also noticed a new array of accessories that I've not seen before. Truly, she's enjoying the fruits of her labor.

Myself, I'd have to say I'm doing the same sorts of things. I've always loved big earrings (a carry over from the 80's) and now that they're back in fashion, I've bought a whole slew of them in the last few weeks. I especially like the chandelier styles.

Did you notice the number to the left?? It's down a pound. Could it be the L-Carnitine is making a difference already? I can't tell you how thrilled I was to see the three turn into a two this morning. How long has it been, three weeks? Lord, I thought I was going to loose my mind. I'll have to tell my co-worker who is also trying the L-Carnitine. He wanted to know if I saw a difference and I'd say this is huge, especially after three long weeks.

I went to my oral surgery consultation yesterday. The out-of-pocket price will be anywhere from $136 to $186 (best and worse case scenario...worse case being that teeth will be broken in the process of extracting). My wisdom teeth came in and were fully ruptured by the time I was sixteen. They never bothered me, but I did notice tenderness when it rained. When I was nineteen, the dentist suggested that I get them out. I turned him down flat, saying that they weren't hurting me or anyone else so, why should I take them out? Lately, as I've mentioned, my teeth have begun to crowd and now the upper-right quadrant is a bit infected. I asked the surgeon of the extraction would make a difference on the crowding. His response, "Not unless you see an orthodontist. What's there is there." Great; however, I somehow think that this isn't completely true. Not that I'm a dentist, but the body has a way of taking care of itself, sometimes, when left to its own devices. Just a theory and one I will test since I don't plan on shelling out big bucks for braces.

I updated the new movies area with the summer hits I've seen most recently. Not sure if we'll see Spider-Man this weekend. I'm not sure if the babe will get into it or not. She liked the first one but saw it at home.

Hubby and I talked about work and our prospects again, last night. His continuing comment was, "You just never know what can happen in six months." Hell, you never know what can happen in a day, much less six months. I can hope upon hope that the continuing changes in my life begin to take a positive shape sooner rather than later. I just have to keep hoping.

0 comments: