Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Knockaround Machine

Last night, hubby and I installed the new washer and dryer. Well, we tested the washer by adding a small load of clothes, then started it up. Imagine our surprise when the spin cycle arrived and the machine took off...right out of the utility closet. It appears that the tub inside is loose, but it took 45 minutes of redistributing clothes, adjusting the legs, and reconnecting hoses to figure out what was wrong. I was really bummed too because last night was the second night of Salem's Lot (the remake that appeared on TNT with Rob Lowe and Donald Sutherland)It was really starting to get good, then the machine decided to go nuts.

We also have a new range, but I installed a plug that doesn't work. We're going to have to replace it with a three prong, simply because our house was built before 1996. I guess electrical codes changed after that point for new constructions.

I did really well yesterday, considering the weekend I had. I only went over about 100 calories. I've also thought about the lack of L-Carnitine in my system, now. I wonder if that's why my weight loss has slowed down to a crawl. On pay day, I plan on picking up some more. Well, I figure it can't hurt. It's natural and a supplement most people lack. I saw my greatest results while I was taking it. I'd say the experiment is officially over with seeing what will happen without it.

I'm working on another project at work. It makes me crazy that I have these things spring up all the time, and no help. Thankfully, I do have another girl helping me, but I have a feeling it's all for not. I think this project is going to show that this idea they have will not work. What a waste. It seems to happen a lot around here: you put lots of time, effort, and energy into something. Many man hours are lost, only to find out that the project didn't do what you wanted it to. People around here need to do more research and communicating with other departments before they just take a flying leap into the air. So often, they land in a big dung pile and not a pile of feathers.

My sister returns from Greece tomorrow. My mother told me that she was hit by a car, yesterday (more like bumped by the car, but still). Man, that girl has had some bad luck over there. I really hope it's changed her for the better and made her grow up a little bit. My mother says, part of it is her normal drama but some of it really is my sister having a hard time. I think she'll probably dine on fast food for the next month, savoring ever burger, burrito and fry she can.

Wednesday, we're going to take back the knockaround machine, since it hasn't even been 30 days yet. I hope this is one of those instances where something crazy and frustrating happens so that something good can happen.

0 comments: