Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Baggy Jeans

It's so cool to say that! The pair I'm wearing, which were a tight 12 not too long ago, are now baggy in the seat on me (which means my enormous ass is getting smaller). Woohoo! No more "junk in the trunk" for me, okay maybe just a little.

These are my "safety" jeans. You know what I'm talking about: the pair of pants you wear when nothing else looks right or fits right, and you put these bad boys on and all is right with the world, even though you really can't breathe properly, but you still look good? I put them on today because I hadn't worn them in a while. Low and behold! It's really a beautiful and sad thing, all at the same time.

I have my bi-annual teeth cleaning today. The babe goes with me on this visit. I think her favorite part is the fluoride treatment, followed by a free search in the treasure trove. How would it be to be so easily delighted? Today, I'm going to take the plunge and talk to my dentist about removing my wisdom teeth. Yep. I'm almost thirty years old and they're still in there. Why, do you ask? Well, they didn't bother me coming in (a bit tender during puberty, but nothing I couldn't handle) and they're not hurting anybody, so I left them in. He asked me about them when I was nineteen and my response was, "Why take them out? They're happy in there." Well, happy or not my mouth is extra crowded and all my teeth are shoving together. Removing those pesky molars would allow for more space and room, instead of the beaver grin I'm currently sporting. I hope it works because I can't see myself doing the braces thing at this age. Even the clear ones wouldn't make me feel better. Those suckers, I hear, are terribly expensive.

I know. Why would I invite pain to my doorstep? Well, I plan to make it very clear that I will not do this without the use of several types of anesthesia (general being one of them). My idea is to wake up with everything done. Is that asking too much? I hope he goes for it.

My sister is in Greece right now and isn't too happy at all. She says its very dirty and the people are rude. I hope, if nothing else, she gains some appreciation after her experience there. She can be a bit of a spoiled princess at times. Most often, the world revolves around her and she expects everyone to be at her beck and call. On top of all this, she's studying to be an actress. Don't get me wrong, she is a sweet girl, but sometimes, I just wanna....

Boy, I'm off on all sorts of tangents today. Must be the excitement of only being in the office a half day. Who else could get excited about going to the dentist?

0 comments: