Thursday, June 10, 2004

Beautiful Birthday

I took Wednesday off to spend with hubby. Today is his birthday, but he has hours of training to do. Yesterday, he had time off so I planned a little adventure for us. Unfortunately, I didn't get a great deal of sleep the night before (TOM arrived and succeeded in giving me the crazies for the evening). At any rate, it still turned out to be a nice day.

First, we took off to Ruth's Diner, a quaint little place at the mouth of Emigration Canyon. It's been around for years and is touted as having the best breakfast in town. It was good, but it was no Cracker Barrel. Next, we ventured to Red Butte Gardens. It was really beautiful, and not too hot to enjoy the several mile hike around the grounds. I took lots of pictures and hubby took a couple of me...in shorts.... I'll see how I fell about posting them, later.

We then headed towards Hollywood Connection, but realized it wasn't quite open. So, we did the mall walking thing for about fifteen minutes. Hollywood Connection is a theater/amusement center. They have bumper cars, and indoor roller coaster, a skating rink, putt putt, laser tag, and a video games area on the second floor. When hubby and I were first married, it was a place we frequented, but since we now have a child and live about 40 miles away, it a was treat to be there. What's crazy is I was so tired, but I really had a great time being a kid for a few hours. We were there until 2ish, then we went out for lunch at the Chinese Gourmet. Yumm! I love their rice noodles and it's one of two Chinese restaurants where I can actually get them (the other is even farther away). I didn't eat much, but I found myself uncomfortably full after just a short while. I drank sugar free stuff, but I missed my water.

After eating, we came outside to find it very cloudy. We rushed over to the daycare to pick up the little one, then headed home. I was going to treat hubby to a birthday dinner, but he declined. We ate ice cream and drank Long Island Iced Teas instead.

Believe it or not, I did my weigh-in yesterday and I was down 1/2 a pound, which is pretty surprising since TOM arrived on Tuesday (showing up at the gym...lovely). Today, it's raining and looking pretty gloomy outside, but I love it. Summer storms are the best. If only I'd taken another day off.

0 comments: