Monday, June 28, 2004

So Much for Self Control...Can I Get it Back??

I thought I had it, but apparently I don't...especially when TOM is getting ready to make an appearance. Holy cow, did I eat this weekend! Saturday, I went to a voice over workshop (which was quite interesting and informative, by the way). I did well at breakfast, then skipped over to Panda Express for lunch. I did well there too. I thought I was doing well at dinner, but when I did the calculations in my head? Oh, brother! It's mainly the calories that are out of control. I know I'm supposed to be eating more, but this is much more than I planned. I weighed on Saturday to see if the two hours I spent on the treadmill had made a difference. Do you know what the scale screamed at me? 163. One hundred and sixty damn three. What the hell is up with that? It's my own fault, I know. And today, I have lunch with a friend at Einsteins. If you know anything about that place, than you know it's entirely too expensive for what it's worth and everything there has about 30 fat grams or more. I took the liberty of checking their website and found that there are a few items that won't kill me (I made a list). I've really got to get it together. Wednesday, hubby starts training me at my gym as well (too bad it isn't Tuesday cause maybe then I'd see a bit of a drop on the scale).

Wonder Woman comes out on DVD tomorrow and I'm so excited! I won't buy it right away, but I do hope to have it before the summer ends. She's my muse, my hero and my inspiration (no, I'm not a freak and it's more of a symbolic thing than anything). It's what she stands for. Woman-power all the way!

Despite the food-hell I went through this weekend, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm wearing a summer dress hubby gave me, these really cute, sassy mules and my hair up. I'm looking pretty damn good, for someone who is struggling to see the 150's. This week's mantra is self control: Self-control over my eating, self-control over my finances, and self-control over myself.

0 comments: