Thursday, June 24, 2004

Grecian Treats

My sister is back! She came visiting at my office this afternoon. It was kind of wild because, I was at the gym on the verge of sweating myself into nothing when she walked in. I had just jumped off the elliptical trainer, when she ran up and hugged me...sweat and all! Eww! I felt gross just doing it, and asked her to wait until I showered. She didn't care. Man, that must be love.

After showering and returning to my desk, we sat and chatted about her adventures. Even though she would never return, she actually had some funny moments to share. After taking a look at her, she was very brown (my sister is what black folks call, "Light-skinned" so, saying that she's brown is really saying something). Her hairline was completely blonde. It was actually quite pretty, and I recommended that she color all of it the same way. She went blonde two summers ago and used the L'Oreal Super Blonde to do it. It was extreme, but oh so pretty on her. So, this summer she'll be blonde and (hopefully!) I'll be bronze. Hmm. Won't we be a sight!

She also brought me the $20 olive oil she picked up at a local monastery there. The bottle is beautiful and I'm almost afraid to use it! My co-worker suggested that I do, then use the bottle as a pretty decorative piece. It was a good idea. I guess I'll have to come up with something Mediterranean to cook, so I can use it (wanna use the authentic oil for an authentic dish).

I talked to one of our off-site co-workers about the L-Carnitine. I'm really getting psyched about using it again. I just know things will start to pick up. I've also reevaluated my food journal. I subtracted all those days I went over on my limits to see what I came up with, as far as extra calories burned. A measly 66...and that's from 1200 or so to start with! Oh, brother. Somewhere, I've gotten a bit out of control. I don't say a lot out of control because I've got the spreadsheet set up for "bottom of the barrel" calories, rather than what's recommended. I should be taking in more, and probably am compensating for the extra workouts and faster metabolism, but if I look at it that way, I'll just continue to take more and more liberties. Not intentionally, but definitely subconsciously.

So, tomorrow I'll pick up the supplement and a couple more canisters of generic Crystal Light. I'll also order the shoes from Payless that I want. The babe is staying the night at a friend's for two evenings. Not sure how I feel about that. It will be the first time she's away from mom at a person's house that isn't a relative. People tell me these feelings never go away, even after the kids are grown up. I can't imagine how I'll feel if she ever wants to go to camp!

0 comments: