Friday, June 04, 2004

Amaretto Sours with Cherries

I'm thrilled it's Friday, but I just wish it wasn't so hot. I'm sure the whole country is going through this peak of heat in some form or fashion. It's just getting a little irritating taking three sometimes four showers a day. Don't get me wrong, I love water but my goodness!

I'm down another pound today. Can you believe it? I know that it's not Wednesday and I shouldn't get my hopes up but, it sure was nice to see the number so small, this morning. Like I said, I can always tell when I feel a little lighter. It's almost as if I were wearing ankle or wrist weights and during the night, someone either takes one completely off or drains some of the sand out. I always notice the difference in the morning.

So, I'm nearing the 150's. Once I'm there, I will be back at almost college weight, which is sort of amazing. I haven't been that size in almost ten years. I put on a bit (a bit-o ten pounds) just after I married (most people do...it's a comfort thing. Newlyweds are going out, snuggling and cooking for each other. The weight just kind of creeps up on you. Sorry to disappoint all you June, July brides. Perhaps you'll be luckier than me). By the time I moved here, I was in the low 160's (like I am now). I had a gym membership and worked out all the time, but I wasn't really paying attention to what I ate (I ate whatever I wanted in college, too). Therefore, all the ellpticising in the world was just helping me maintain and not much else.

A couple of months before I became pregnant, I was inching toward the 170's. I remember because I was getting ready for my company's Christmas party. Hubby had bought me two evening gowns in my normal size, but when I tried them on, I was immediately horrified. The normal wasn't the normal anymore. I remember getting really agitated at him, like it was his fault. Looking back, I was probably about 4 or 5 weeks pregnant, I just didn't know it. I retain water like a dam, so that was probably what it was, at least at first. It didn't seem this logical at the time.

Anyway, baby weight became more weight and more weight. On the hospital bed, the day I had my babe, I was at a whopping 212 pounds. Knowing what I know now and having experienced such a rough pregnancy, things will be completely different next time. But, I digress.

We're moving our new appliances into the house this afternoon. Hubby purchased a new washer and dryer (which we desperately needed), and a new oven range (the flat-top kind without the irritating, old-fashioned, get so filthy eyes). You know you're a real grown-up when you get excited about appliances. Scary!

Still thinking that my amaretto sour would be a nice way to top of this crazy week.

0 comments: