Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Too Much on My Mind

Yesterday's drive home was a nightmare! It appears there was some sort of fire on the Interstate, of course, this would be the highway that I travel on to get home. So, there we are (the babe and I) sitting in standing traffic, waiting for something to happen. Forty-five minutes later, I'm bogarding my way through to the nearest exit and off to my mother's for a mental stop off. My daughter, being the trooper that she is, enduring the extra time in traffic to hold her tinkle, headed immediately off to the potty. I headed for the cashews. I finally got home at around 6:45, which is an hour and fifteen minutes later than usual. I was so tired and pissed, I refused to do my weight training; however, I did say that I would get up today an extra half hour early and get it in before my walking (something I said that I would never and couldn't do. Isn't that funny?) I did it. It's done. Now, on with other things.

Today, I'm supposed to create these reports for my boss. I've got a really bad attitude about this project and I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because I've done these before. Perhaps it's because he told me this would be automated, so I wouldn't have to do these by hand again. Perhaps it's just that I'm so freaking tired of taking on the world by myself. Who knows, but I'm delaying the project even now by writing in this blog.

Well, I'm down another pound. I was actually surprised by this, considering the weekend. But, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, that's for sure. I still can't see myself being in the 140's by the end of the month. Hubby's expectations, I think, are a little high.

I'm out of oatmeal, so I had eggos today. It's really funny how the sales papers will give you great deals on the things they perceive as seasonal items. We stocked up on oatmeal during the winter when they'd have their 10 for 10$ sales. We tried to fill our pantry and I believe we succeeded. There are about three boxes left, but they're the flavors my hubby likes. So, I guess, we stocked up well since it's now June. I just wish they'd hold an occasional sale on these during the spring and summer. What? They don't think people eat warm items during the summer? Hell, people suck down ice cream during the winter. What's the difference? I'm just bummed because I refuse to pay four dollars for 6 packets of oatmeal. I suppose It's time to switch to the new, seasonal item: Cereal. The other one, that I see so much of, is frozen dinners. (People don't eat frozen dinners during the winter, I guess.)

Hubby counted our DVDs the other day. We have over 300, which equals to about $6,000 dollars if we paid retail (sometimes, we do. Most times, we don't). Time to alert the home insurance lady.

Our planning committee for this year's office party, decided on an Olympic theme. We drove out to the park we want to use, yesterday, and I think it will be loads of fun. Last night, I dreamed there was music, so today I'm going to suggest hiring a DJ.

Enough with the sporadic thoughts...I should probably get a cup of calming tea...

0 comments: