Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Saxophone Jazz

There's something about it. I'm listening to it through my Windows Media Player. It's smooth and sensual. As a kid, I always wanted to play the sax, but took up the violin instead (mostly because we had one at home and my parents didn't have any money, at the time, for buying really expensive brass instruments). I played for ten years, getting pretty good at it but I've never had a lot of faith in my ability. The last time I picked it up was almost two years ago.

I'm smoothing out to these crazy, jazz sounds to keep my mood mellow. I hope it works. I usually have some sort of music on while working, but yesterday, I somehow forgot to put something on. I felt a little off all day, and I'm sure that's the reason why.

In two days, my hubby will be 32. It's kind of funny because he's in the mix of the 30's and I haven't even gotten there yet. I know I'll experience all the trauma of leaving my 20's behind (I've been doing a little bit of that already). A couple of my girlfriends recently turned 30 and the same happened to them. It even happened to hubby when he turned. Turned. Like, they're all turning into some sort of freakish monster. Is that how it's perceived? A lot of people have said that, "your 30's are the best years of your life". I guess we'll see. I'm still hoping and praying that I'll at least be "Hot by 30". I definitely don't want to go into them frumpy and wearing a moo moo. I'd rather go in svelte and wearing a catsuit! Meow...

0 comments: