Monday, June 14, 2004

Saturday's Overboard

Boy, did I ever. The problem was that I was out and about getting my oil changed and my tires aligned. Because it was going to take two hours, my little one and I walked over to the shopping center across the street from Firestone. We went to Mickey D's for breakfast and had hotcakes and Canadian bacon (a great substitute for the overly fattening sausage). A good tip, but it doesn't mean anything when you eat the remainder of your child's breakfast too, while she plays on the equipment. It's pathetic, I know. I just couldn't throw it away. Then, off to Shopko to look around for my best friend's birthday present. I found the cutest cigar box purse and some sparkely things for her hair. There was also the cutest, personalized wallet. We then ventured to the "All a Dollar" then "Ross Dress for Less". Why oh why did I go in there? I'm not a shopper but that's one place I can't seem to control myself. I bought a new outfit and a blouse (to go with a skirt I got from Dillards, not too long ago). BTW, the blouse is cute, but it doesn't work well with the skirt and the outfit won't look quite right, for another ten pounds or so.

Two hours later, we were back at Firestone to pick up my car. Then, off to my mother's to do my little one's hair. When lunch time came, mother dear had nothing to eat so off to Taco bell I went. The fresco options are good, but the problem arose when daughter dear didn't finish her meal. I ate her soft taco for her, along with the added 200+ calories and 10 fat grams. Ugh! Not good.

After running my calculations today in my spreadsheet, I went 650 calories over board on Saturday. Thankfully, I did okay on Sunday, but I know the scale will show the drama. I'm sure of it. Oh, these 160's. Will thee ever leave?? Not if I keep cleaning my daughter's plate for her, they won't. Must stay in control...must stay in control....

0 comments: