Thursday, April 01, 2004

Mother-Daughter Bonding Days

Today will be a half day for me at work. I'm taking my little girl to see The Wiggles and she has no idea. Initially, I was going to skip my second workout, go have lunch, waist an hour window shopping, then pick her up. Then, I rethought, "Why am I skipping?" So, I will still go and do my second workout at 11:30 as usual. Then, I'll do those other things. I guess I'm at a point now where it matters if I skip or not (before, I would have been like, "Who the hell cares").

I'm also taking tomorrow off so that me and the babe can have quality time. It's hard being a working mom, sometimes. I feel like the daycare is raising her and I'm the weekend mom. I really took issue with this after the Christmas holidays. It took me almost two months to get over the separation anxiety. Who knew motherhood would be like this!

Saturday, my girlfriend is coming over for lunch. We've already decided on sandwiches and salad, so I shouldn't get into too much trouble. I'll have to figure out a low-fat dessert, though. She's from Utah, originally, so I know Jello would work (but I hate that slimy stuff). I guess I've got a couple of days to surf the net and see what I can find that tastes good, is good for us and won't make us gag.

I did pretty well, yesterday. I shouldn't, however, have had the bowl of frosted mini wheats after dinner. It's loaded with carbs and calories. I guess it's got fiber going for it, but not much else. We're running out of cereal, so that was all I had to choose from. Anyway, I don't feel so bad about it because we spent last night cleaning house (which should have taken care of, at least, a few calories).

0 comments: