Monday, April 19, 2004

Back and Forth

I took Friday off and hung out with my family. We went shopping at a "bargain basement" type store. I bought a stainless steel drain board worth $60 for around $15 (or, I should say, hubby got it for me). He's the shopper. I just walked around looking goofy, trying to look like I was searching for bargains. He also bought several DVDs and a stereo for his mother for Mother's Day. Later that evening, I went to see my sister in the play The Duchess of Malfi. It was a great performance and she did a really good job. It was, perhaps, her best performance yet (she played the handmaiden). Kind of reminded me of a Shakespeare tragedy. There were dead bodies everywhere, by the end.

Over the weekend, I was good sometimes and not so good at others. We ate out a lot, but I tried to be very careful about whatever I ordered. Most occasions, I did okay. I think I only went overboard once (yesterday) when hubby brought home Taco Bell. It was great and I enjoyed every bite, but something interesting happened. He bought me a bean burrito and a chicken burrito. I ate the entire bean (around 12 fat grams) and began to work on the chicken, when I noticed (about half way through), that I was beginning to feel full. Why is this interesting, you ask? Because, normally, I could tear up two or three of those suckers with no problem and still have room for desert. Is my tummy finally shrinking? Who knows, but I'm taking it as a good sign.

I'm not sure what will happen on Wednesday. I'm hoping the weekend splurges didn't screw me up and with all the working out I did last week, that should help too (around 1500 extra calories burned).

I'm wearing a size 10 capri jeans today. I'm also wearing a brand new shirt in medium. I've been thinking a lot about where my body will be in the next few weeks. Will I notice the changes? Will the only way I notice those changes be the fact that my clothes fit better, or will I be able to look in the mirror and see it? I think I see it now, but you know about that distorted image thing. I wish I could trust myself more.

0 comments: